Moving To California (a Green Day, Emily's Army and My Chemical Romance Fan Fic)

Hey guys, my second fan fic! Just want to put it out there that I'm not a freakily obsessed Armstrong Family fan, just think they're the most awesome family ever! Plus, in this fanfiction, MCR will be Jakob's age, not their actual age. But Green Day will be their actual age. Okay thanks.

I had just finished emptying my last box onto my new shelves, when my mum called to say it was time for dinner. We had just moved out to California, just me and my mum, since my dad is in jail, too damn right he is as well. I'd already liked California since it's the home of Green Day, my heroes. My mum and I had always dreamt of moving out here but my dad wouldn't let us, since he's been put in jail we've been so free, so we decided this was the first thing we'd do.

We had been out here for about a week now, but we hadn't had a chance to look around since we had been busy painting, unpacking and just making it our perfect little bungalow home in the sunny town of Cali that we had always wanted.

"Hey mum, what's for dinner?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"We have chips and chicken nuggets if that's okay? Sorry it's not much, I didn't have much time to buy a lot of food"

"It's fine, I like chicken nuggets"

We sat down infront of the tv, spread out on our sofas, eating our meal.

"How'd you like it here so far?" Mum asked me.

"I love it, it's so sunny and beautiful!"

"Don't forget you have school tomorrow"

School. The place was hell for me back in England, I hope it's better here.

"Nnhgh.. At least I can have my blue hair and wear what I want!" I said after groaning at the thought of it.

That's right, I had electric blue hair!

We finished up our dinners.

"Mum, I think I've finished with my room, my guitars are hanging up and everything's out of the boxes, are you okay if I go for a run?"

I loved running, even better now we're in the sun!

"That's fine sweetie, be careful though!"

"I will!"

I ran to my room immediately, I chucked on a pair of shorts, a vest top and tied my hair in a bun.

"I'll be back in about half an hour!"

"Okay sweetie!"

I only wanted to run to get a feel of the area, I just followed the path towards the beach.

The sand was a beautiful pale yellow colour and the sea was a clear turquoise, even better than the pictures.

I was listening to Green Day - Hitching A Ride through my headphones, lost in my daydream looking around at the new, amazing town I called home.

Then all of a sudden, I ran into someone.

"I am so so sorry" I said panicking, taking one headphone out.

"Urh.. It's fine just watch out next time, there's some nasty people around" I recognised the voice talking to me, I looked up to see Jakob Armstrong.

"Sorry, thankyou, sorry once again"

I carried on running, he was stood next to Cade Becker, I was so embarassed. I could feel my face heating up. Why did I have to run into Jakob?!

I reached home after 10 minutes, only to realise I had my Green Day, Dookie vest on, and Green Day blaring out of my headphones.

"Mum, mum, mum!" I said running in the house trying to find her.

"Alice?"

"Mum! I accidentally ran into someone!" I said panicked.

"What? Did you apologise?"

"Of course I did! But never guess who it was?"

"Who?"

"JAKOB DANGER ARMSTRONG"

"Woah" she was as shocked as I still am, she knew everything about Green Day I knew, since I made her sit and listen.

"Exactly!"

"Oh my god Alice! Why didn't you stop and talk to him?!"

"Because I had Green Day playing in my headphones, and a Green Day vest on!" I said gesturing to my top.

"Wow sweetie, maybe you'll bump into him again!"

"How embarrassing would that be?!"

My mum just didn't understand, but it made me laugh.

"I'm gonna grab a shower and go to sleep, I'll see you in the morning"

"Night love" my mum said whilst hugging me.

I hoped in the shower then dried my long blue hair, putting it in plaits and heading to sleep.

I still can't believe I technically met Jakob Armstrong.