Home Sweet Home

Alice's POV

"Dinner!" I heard Adie call from downstairs. Joey, Jakob, Max and myself had been sorting my stuff out through the day and listening to music. We had a day full of Joy Division and singing! The four of us made our way to the dining room where more people than expected were situated. Then it clicked. Trè and Mike. Brittney and Sara. All sat there, grinning as us four teenagers walked in the room.

"We heard there was a new member, bit soon to be moving in together hey?" Trè said laughing at his own joke. I laughed a little too, was this all real?

"Come take a seat, we've got Mexican tonight!" Billie said gesturing to the space beside him which I placed myself in, Jakob then sitting beside me. Everyone just talked for a little while and ate the delicious food that Adie made. I thought it would be a little awkward meeting the rest of Green Day, even if Jason, Jason and Jeff are still to be met, but I really don't know why. Everyone thinks fame is in their heads but they're all so down to earth.

"So I hear you play piano?" Mike said, cutting me off my thoughts.

"Yeah a little" I replied shyly but I didn't even mean too. Mike Dirnt, the guy I look up to is asking me stuff to get to know me. What.

"Any other instruments?" He seemed to be really interested which was awesome.

"She plays like everything and anything!" Jakob suddenly said from beside me, holding my hand under the table.

"Not quite Jakob haha, but I kind of play bass, guitar and drums"

"Oh come on Alice! You're awesome at everything!" Jakob said giving me puppy dog eyes. He was so sweet.

"Bass? That's great! How come you started playing bass?"

"The likes of Flea, Mikey Way, Paul Simonon, you as well actually, you all just inspired me. I wanted to do that, be in a band, yknow just do what I love most, music, and it's all thanks to you guys that I did that, so thankyou" I suddenly blurted all this out, trying not to fan girl, but I just went off into a tangent.

"It's people like you that make us love our jobs even more everyday. You don't need to thank us, we're glad we could help" Mike said whilst nodding slightly at me.

"You and Jakob should seriously make a band, you guys are perfect musically and physically and mentally together" Billie said shooting us a smirk at the same time, Jakob and I both blushed a little and exchanged a small smile as he intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Maybe we will" Jakob said grinning at me.

We all spoke a little more then all of the adults said they wanted to go into the living room so Joey, Jakob, Max and myself decided to head to the basement to have a jam session.

"Alice, bass, Max and Jakob, guitar and me, drums" Joey proudly said whilst gazing at his drum kit.

"What songs do you know Alice?" Max asked as he handed me his bass to use. Mine was upstairs in my room where I had placed all of my things.

"Well I know alot of Green Day, The Clash, The Ramones, My Chem and actually a few of your guys stuff, I also know a few RHCP songs"

"What chilli songs do you know?" Jakob asked me, whilst plugging his guitar into the amp closest to him.

"Can't stop, give it away, Dani california, factory of faith, higher grou-"

"We're doing higher ground okay" Joey said interrupting with excitement as he heard me say the song.

"You guys all know it?" I asked looking between them all.

Max and Jakob both nodded at me. I started with the slap n pop intro that was so much fun to play, after I played the bass riff a few times everyone joined in as Max and I sang the lyrics. It was so much fun!

"That was so awesome!" Joey exclaimed with excitement.

"How about a green day song? Holiday?" Jakob asked looking around us.

"Sounds good! My favourite song by dad's band to play" Joey stated whilst examining his tom drums. Jakob quickly went on his phone then quickly put it down after it looked as if he had sent a text. Joey clicked his drum sticks and before we knew it we were all indulged in the song.

Suddenly we heard Billie and Trè shout "THE REPRESENTATIVE OF CALIFORNIA HAS THE FLOOR!" from outside the door, then they ran in as I hit the bass solo. Billie started singing in my microphone as I was focused on getting this perfect. Mike come and stood by me and nodded his head along to the music. Adrienne, Brit and Sara all sat on the sofa and smiled like proud parents at the us kids, Trè, Mike and Billie having fun. It was literally the best thing that could've happened, we were playing Green Day's song to Green Day themselves. And they were enjoying it. We finished up the song and received a round of applause. For a little while we played songs and the adults all watched us and occasionally Billie would sing with us or play guitar. Mike and I doubled up on bass for some songs and Joey and Trè had a drum off. We ran through songs like In The End by Linkin Park, Teenagers by My Chemical Romance, Magnificent Seven by The Clash and we also did Lost At Seventeen! By the time we had finished, Max had to leave so the others headed home too. Jakob and I went up to his room.

"Having you around is so perfect Alice" Jakob whispered in my ear as we sat on his bed holding hands, I had my head rested on his shoulder.

"I couldn't thank you enough for being here for me" I replied as I looked into his eyes. He leant down and kissed me, I still got butterflies every time. He was just incredible. We fell asleep watching a film together, holding hands and just being us. I couldn't have asked for a better end to an eventful day.

_________________________________________

Okay I am so so so sorry I haven't updated in like... forever. You guys are all awesome and thankyou for the reads! I got a new phone and I've been a little ill lately and so on so I apologise for the lack of updates. I will get back into the habit of updating more often you guys all rock thankyou for your patience! Votes and comments and ideas are greatly appreciated thankyou!