Starting School

I woke up bright and early. I took my hair out of plaits and it was nice and wavy, I let my fringe fall over my forehead and ran over to my wardrobe.

I stuck on my top which is the same as Billie Joe's 'Stupid' one with an arrow pointing up. Wow I could've been a girl version of him, blue hair, stupid top...

Anyway, I put on my black skinny jeans and my burgandy Doc Martens. I then quickly put on some eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow and ran to get some breakfast.

"You excited?" My mum questioned.

"Kinda, I hope it's not like England"

"It won't be, you'll enjoy it" she said smiling whilst I poured myself some cereals, "you might meet some musicians"

"I hope so, might even meet a hot musician..."

"Hey, not on your first day Miss"

"Haha sorry mum, but hey, it's going to be fun.. I hope"

"It will be, trust me, you look lovely today by the way"

"Thanks mum, I best go get my school bag"

I scoffed the rest of my cereals and ran to my room to grab my school bag. It was a black side bag and had 'The Clash' on it. I was in love with it! One last check in the mirror and I ran back into the kitchen, I grabbed a glass of water and headed for the car where my mum was waiting for me.

"You ready kid?"

"Ready" I said smiling at her.

We drove towards the school, Piedmont High. In the car, my mum had 'Dookie' in the CD player, so we both just sang the whole way. Before I knew it, we were there. It looked like quite a big school, but apparently there weren't many students there. My mum parked up and walked me into the reception.

"Ah, you must be Alice Ashby. My name is Katherine and I will be answering any questions you may have or anything you need help with!"

Katherine seemed so lovely and kind, she must've been the receptionist. The reception was massive, there was a glass section in which a large wooden desk with a computer on it was behind. There was also a staircase going up to where the staff room must've been as there was a sign at the bottom saying 'STAFF ONLY'.

A boy who looked about my age, with black flippy hair kind of like Billie-Joe's when it's long, walked down the stairs. He was wearing a 'The Rolling Stones' t-shirt and black skinny jeans. He was quite hot.

"Mrs Carlile, you do not have to stay if you wish"

"Thankyou very much Katherine, have a good day sweetie!"

"Bye mum"

"Please excuse me one minute Alice"

Katherine quickly ran over to the guy walking down the stairs, with my timetable in her hand.

After a few minutes, they both walked over to me.

"Alice, this is Matt, he is in all of your lessons other than the off few and he has said he will walk you around, is that okay?"

"That's fine, thankyou Katherine!" I said excitedly. I felt so different since I was British and they were American... Katherine handed me my timetable.

"Have a great day Alice, I'm here if you need anything!"

"Thankyou!"

"Let's get to home room, we've got about 10 minutes to get there so I'll show you round" a deep voice came from beside me, he was even hotter, and nice. He seemed very caring too.