Castaway

Alice's POV

We all finished packing the essentials I needed, Jakob and I were going to walk back to grab the little stuff later on. I noticed Jakob smiling to himself every time we took a box out to Trè's truck as he offered to help move me out. All of the boxes were piled in by lunchtime.

"I'm hungry, you guys wanna go out for food?" Joey asked glancing between us all.

"Food would be great right now" I said smiling half heartedly. I was still shocked by my mums actions, I bet it was some hook up bloke who made her drunk. We moved out here together to start a new life and things have already gone down hill. I didn't want to just leave her like that, but I didn't really have a choice.

"Will a hot dog cheer you up?" Joey said smirking a little and raising his eyebrows at Jakob.

"I'm feeling like a burger right now thanks, but maybe later" I said winking at Jakob, the jokes between us guys are awesome because they're never awkward. We all grabbed a number of things, since I no longer had my mum looking after me, I took $20 out of the safe in my room which kept my savings in and we left to walk towards the mall. Jakob and I held hands the whole way which the guys kept taking the piss out of us for, other than Travis.

"How did you guys even get together?" Cole curiously asked.

"We just talked about it at the beach I guess" Jakob said shrugging a little.

"Who do you like Cole?" I asked seeing if I could set him up with anyone.

"Just some girl in my chemistry class"

"What's her name? I'm in your class" Jakob said almost instantly.

"Uhh... Jenna..." Cole started turning red.

"Jenna Dixon? You guys would be so cute together!" Joey suddenly piped in.

"You think so?" Cole asked forming a small smile.

"Yeah I do! Who do you like Max?"

"We've had this conversation Joey!"

"Well I forgot, so who is it?"

"Kaylee..."

"Why man, she'll break you, hurt you, throw you away like she's done to everyone else!" Joey started to sound a little angry, this girl seems like a right bitch. I hope Max doesn't get involved with her, but at the same time, you can't help who you like I guess.

"Whatever, she won't hurt me, she's not interested anyway"

The heated discussion came to an end when we heard Travis' phone ringing.

"Hello?" He answered without looking at the screen. I couldn't hear who was on the other end.

"We're just heading for a burger, wanna come with?" I noticed Travis' eyes sparkle, he smiled at me to indicate it was Kirsty.

"Okay, see you in 5 minutes, yeah? Awesome I can't wait! I love you!" I heard a muffled 'I love you too' back and then he hung up.

"Kirsty is meeting us, hope you guys don't mind" Travis informed us after his obvious phonecall. He smirked at his phone, he looked quite sly but I was the only one who had picked up on this as I was the only one focusing on Travis. Jakob and I still held hands and trailed behind everyone, Travis slowed down to join us.

"Guys..." Travis whispered when he reached us, Joey, Cole and Max leading the way.

"Jenna is coming with Kirsty, but the others don't know that, Cole seemed pretty bummed about Elise yesterday even though he likes Jenna, so we gotta cheer him up a bit!" Travis whispered excitedly, making Jakob and I exchange a smirk.