Epilogue

~3000 Years Later~

Sometimes, for those we love, we give up everything... and sometimes, for those we truly  love, we expect nothing else in return. Even now I try to picture the color of your eyes, only to find that my own have been blinded in a veil of darkness. I struggle to remember your face, but maybe it's better that I forget, lest my resentment towards you 'cause me to mature into something vile. I am the darkness. I am Yami. Once kind and full of love to give, this gentle spirit of mine has suffered greatly for you; tortured mentally, physically, and emotionally. They abused my memories, twisting everything like a snake, and lying to me about what you weren't. How could I discern what was truth, when even my own name disappeared from my lips with time? You left me here to die. That's what they've been whispering. I... believe their voices.

And do you know what it's like to self harm? This red, copper scented liquid never stops flowing. I've hurt myself in many ways to escape, only to find that it brings about more insanity than relief. Even then, I don't learn. There is never ending hatred arousing in my blood, that I wish to release it all. They said I would feel better if I did. I want to kill... I need the pain of others to satisfy the suffering that eats away at my mentality.

I hear a male voice calling out in a world too far away to touch.

"I wish on the puzzle, for true friends. Friends who will never betray me, and friends whom I will never betray..."

Is it the voice of a young boy? There are no true  friends in this world. Everyone wishes to see you broken, however they disguise their intent. My heart feels like a shattered puzzle, waiting on the right person to pick up what's lost. Do you think you will succeed, little hikari? I know of your innocence. You've been at it for years, re-arranging my pieces like a toy.

"Try as you might, young one... you will never restore this heart."

/////////////////

OMG you guys!! I'm officially done!! Ahhh, it's actually sad, but I'm so relieved! ;w; I started this story about 11 months ago, and I'm finally finished after all this time. Thank you guys tremendously for all of your support! I love it when I receive comments from you! Your feedback's really kept me going! <3 If you enjoyed the story please consider giving it a vote! ^^ It really helps me out as an author! I'm going to be posting some new story ideas soon, so stay tuned for that as well! Later you guys~