Ch.19

"You told him WHAT," Lila yelled, almost spitting out her juice .

"What you expect me to say," I said as shay shook her head.

"You must not know ," Shay said as Lila called Tyrone.

"Ayy brother...I need you to look out for Mylah. Real shit...you already know ... Yea she said it...iight ," Lila said and hung up.

"Okay, what the fuck is going on," I said both confused and angry.

"I knew this would happen," Lila said as she sat on my bed. Shay simply sighed and looked at me.

"Ok so I'm pretty sure you already know Jamal is crazy, clingy, and controlling . But what you don't know is how controlling he is. Once you guys establish that y'all 'love' each other, he completely runs your life. He may start off subtle like walking you to class or telling you to call him when you get home ,occasionally apologizing for the little shit he does; but once you get comfortable, he'll start telling you who you can hang out with and where you can go; and I know you think you strong, but he can break the strongest bitch down...mentally and physically. Believe me.. I know ," shay said sternly.

"Shay.. How you know all of this," I said already knowing the answer.

"Because I fell for his charm as well," Shay said.

"Shit.. How did you get out of it,"I asked .

"Tyrone. He convinced him to break up with her.. But I'm not sure he'll be able to do it again. Jamal will become suspicious and lord knows what he'll do to you if he finds out," Lila said.

"Fuck this is too much," I said as I shook my head.

"Well I hope you got somebody to turn to," Lila said.

The only person I could think of is 2730 miles away.

Bobby...I need you.