chapter-22

Rishab's POV:

                          The doctor examined Diya and told that she fainted due to shock and there was nothing serious to worry. He asked me to wait until she wakes up which I'm restlessly doing for three hours. I tried calling Arjun, but he didn't pick. Whom is he marrying when the bride is here? Priest? No no, I'm positive he isn't a gay. He loves Diya and he himself told me. Maybe Diya lost her way to the wedding hall.

Stupid isn't? But what else could I  think of this situation?

She slowly opened her eyes, but shut it close immediately. Maybe the lights?

She half opened it again and started wondering where she was. I don't know exactly, but that only everyone does when they get up after fainting right?

Oh Diya, get up soon. My head is blasting with questions.

She saw me but turned as if I was invisible.

Oh no! Did I die while saving her? Am I a ghost?

"Diya "

She shrieked. "Are you here really? Isn't it my dream?"

"Huh? I'm there for real, Diya."

"Oh!"

Her face changed and she seemed sad, very very sad.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in the wedding hall?"

"I was."

"Then? By chance, did you run away?"

"Yeah." She sighed.

I was really amused by her answer, but I didn't it show it in my face.

"How could you? Didn't you think about how Arjun will feel?"

"Yeah, I'm guilty I disappointed him."

"But why? You loved him so much."

"Huh?" Her eyes became wide like saucers and she stared at me like I was a mad man.

I was sitting near to her bed and she drew herself closer to me. She kept her soft hands on my forehead and feeling her touch after a long time was giving a truck load of pleasure to me.

"Are you sane, Mr Rishab Pandya?"

"What?" I think I'm sane.

"So you were in your right minds when you ignored me for two months and came back all of a sudden as if nothing happened. Moreover, what is with that 'You loved him so much'?"

"So, you don't love him?" I think I showed too much amusement in that reply.

"When did I?" She gritted her teeth.

Seriously I couldn't understand what was happening. If she didn't love him, why did Arjun say so?

"Isn't it Arjun's marriage today?"

She got irritated by my question. It was clear looking at her face.

"Yes, of course. Don't you know?"

"I know. Who is he marrying?"

"Oh get lost Rishab. You are the last person I want to see or speak now."

What the hell happened when I wasn't here? I felt like banging myself   on the hospital walls.

"Please Diya, tell me. I'm confused."