chapter-17

Rishab's POV:

                          "I love you." Diya said smiling and hugged him.

They pulled away and stared at each other's eyes lovingly. He caresses her cheeks and whispers in her ear, " I love you too baby."

They lean closer towards each other.

I wake up with a shudder. Crap! What kind of dream was that?

Why can't Diya love me even in my dream? I don't think I can bear if the scene comes true. I should waste no more time. And why did the boy in my dream seemed so familiar?

                         I woke up today hesitantly as this day came sooner than I wanted. It is two days since Diya visited my place and I hadn't met her later. We texted a few times and I'm glad we had got much closer.

The warm up matches for the Champions trophy is due in four days and I've to fly England by day after tomorrow. The tournament lasts for one and a half month, so there is no way I can meet Diya for almost two months if I miss it today.

I decided to be a brave man and propose Diya. I know I may scare her but I'm not courageous either. Yeah! I want to be a brave man but I'm behaving like a caveman. I afraid to talk to a human.

But I don't have any other chance. If I miss this day everything might end between us. Distance between two not-so-close people is not so healthy. I should reserve her or else someone else might have her. I can't text or call frequently while I'm on a national duty.

I mustered up the left over courage in me and decided to confess to her.

I took a long shower for about thirty minutes hoping to look more clean, as well as handsome today, but  will I turn into Hrithick Roshan by taking a long shower? I was looking the same when I checked myself in the mirror after coming out from the bathroom wrapping a towel around my waist.

I wore a T-shirt and a sweatpant as  I planned to meet her only by evening.

I decided to eat my breakfast in my bedroom and not in the dining room as I felt like watching TV. Sheena bought me my usual breakfast and I switched on the TV.

There wasn't anything interesting in the TV so I settled on watching a comedy film in an English channel.

"Eww!!! Thanks to you man, I lost my appetite." I yelled at the man who put a finger into his nose and later licked it as if it was very delicious, in the film.

I switched off the TV and even gave up the thought of eating more. Just then I realized I haven't spoken to Diya yet about our meeting.

"Heyya." I said as soon as she picked up my call.

"Hi Rishab." She spoke merrily.

"Um.. can we meet?"

There was silence in the other end. As always negative thoughts took birth inside my mind. Did she take it as a date? But it is quiet obvious that it is a date. Is it that she don't want to come with me? So is it a rejection then? But even friends go for outings. I can change the plot if she rejects right?

"Sure." I let out the breath which I was holding for so long unknowingly.

"Good. Then I'll pick you from your house by 6:00 pm then?"

"Where are we going?"

Uh oh! I haven't thought about that still.

"Somewhere nice. You just wear something comfortable and... I would like it if you wear something bright." Maybe I mustered up courage more than enough. I fear how the reaction would be.