chapter-8

Diya's POV:
                    "Please, save him. Please someone save him,pleaseeee."

A woman with panic stricken face shouted at us. She begged to each and everyone standing there to save that person.

Behind her a man in his early forties,was being beaten into a pulp by some hatchet men.

"If someone tries to act smart and help him,I'm sure that person will see no tomorrow" one among them warned the crowd.

"And if anyone files a police complaint, then they will not be able to see even the rest of today." Another one spoke smirking.

Soon that man was stabbed with a long knife on his knee.

"Please, leave me, I'm ready to do whatever you want. Please..."

The one,who seemed like the gang leader laughed. "You already wasted all the chances given to you bastard. Now your only chance is to die." He placed the knife on his neck and slowly scratched it. Blood was oozing out within seconds. The man stabbed once more straight at his heart. 

'Thuddd' that person fell on the road.

The woman went running towards the dead body and bawled wildly.

" You people will definitely pay for this. You will get nothing in your lives. You all will die as a piece of trash." The woman cursed those men.

"Cut it"

Nisha and me were watching the shooting of a nameless film.

"Diya?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you see this movie?"

"Hell no." How many times will they take movies with the same 1980s hero-heroine-villain concept? I'm fed up.

We spotted this shooting spot,on our way to the nearby park. I called Nisha to inform her about the party and ask her help,to get ready for the party. After the shooting got over, we both headed towards the park.

"Nishaaaaa." I dragged.

"What?" She seemed a bit weak today.

"Are you okay?"

"Huttttccccchhhhh" she sneezed loudly.

"Yes,I'm. What did you want to tell?"

I could clearly see she wasn't fine.

God,why are you doing this to me? Is it because of karma? But which karma? Yes I killed a mosquito yesterday, but for that you shouldn't have played with me like this. Now how will I attend the party without her help?

"It was nothing. I just called you to say that tomorrow I'm going to attend a party where Dhoni also will be coming and I'm going with" I paused " Rishab Pandya."

"Oh my marshmallow! Jellybeans!lollipop! Sugar candy!sweet potatoes! Whatever!" She yelled.

"I'm so happy, Diya. So so soooo happy. I'll cake you with make up,my babe." She chuckled and winked.

"No thanks, Nisha. I'll manage." I can't bother her when she is sick.

"What will you manage? Diya I know very well what will happen if you yourself get ready."

That's true. I'm very bad in all those things. F grade.

What should I do now?

My phone buzzed and it was a message from Airtel regarding offers.

Idea!!!

I kept my face low,as if disappointed seeing the message.

"What happened? What text was that?"

"Nisha, it was a text from Rishab. He told...."

"He told what,Diya?" She shook me.

"He told that Dhoni is a bit busy,so he will not be able to attend tomorrow's party."I stated.

"Diya,are you going to cry?"

If I don't cry now, she will find I'm lying. Sorry my dear eyes,I've to do this.

I turned towards the other side and poked my eyes. There it came running,that salty liquid.

Yesss!! Drama queen!!

"I'm fine, Nisha. It happens. I hope I'll get a second Chance. Rishab will not break his promise."

"That's right too. Your lady luck has never left you ,so I'm sure you will meet him one day." She consoled me.

I dropped Nisha in her house and asked her to take rest. I drove back home unsure of what to do next.

**********************

Rishab's POV:
                          Today BCCI announced the Indian team for the upcoming Champions Trophe league. I was selected in the playing eleven team. So by next week I've to fly London.

"Miss Thakur, can you get me a cup of coffee?"

Sheena Thakur is serving as a maid in my house for more than one decade. I highly respect her and treat her like my own mom.

"Yes sir."

"Make it two." I saw Arjun's car pulling towards my house.

Arjun and me drank the coffee, simultaneously playing video game,resulting in a coffee pool on my bedroom floor.

My phone ringed. My baby girl is calling me.

'Dirty boy,she is neither your baby or your girl still' my inner voice yelled out of nowhere.

Honesty I'm super excited about tomorrow's party more than her. I don't know why I feel like this. But never in my life I've felt like this before. And it was nice!

"Hello Rishab." It was nice hearing my name from her mouth.

"Hi Diya." I wanted to be informal with her.

"I'm sorry Rishab. I can't come tomorrow." She dropped an atom bomb.

"What? Why?" I told reducing the shock in my voice.

"Honestly,I'm very nervous. I've never been to parties before and this one is filled with celebrities. I will feel out of place there. Please,I'm sorry. That doesn't mean I'll pester you anymore. Let's cancel our deal."

How can she say it so easily? But should I be happy? She was being honest with me. That means she is comfortable with me.

"Is your nervousness bigger or your dream to see Dhoni?"

I thought Dhoni will help,but in vain.

"People like me are fit to see celebrities only from a distance." I thought she was about to cry.

"Diya? Do you think I'm a celebrity?"
She is making myself doubt whether I'm or not.

"What? Yes, of course you're."

"Ok then. You've met me thrice,have my phone number, I think you consider me as your friend and what else you want to prove that people like you also can become close with celebrities like us." I didn't want to be friend zoned but friendship can be a base for something else in the future.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Arjun chuckling at me.

There was silence at the other end. Maybe she was thinking.

"But what shall I do now?"

Actually I was waiting for a reply regarding our newly formed friendship created by me but she ignored it. I didn't know whether it was with or without intention.

"Meet me at 2:00 pm tomorrow." The party begins at 6:00 pm,so we have enough time.

______________________________________

A/nour heroine believes too much in karma, right?😂

BCCI- Board of  control for cricket in India.

Please do vote and comment if you like:)