chapter-14

Arjun's POV:
                        I completed all my works soon today. I'm going home early after almost a week. Work had been tiring me lately and I had no time to rest.

I stayed back late at nights in my cabin with files and documents dumped all over me. I'm in a buoyant mood right now as I'm going back home at the usual time.

I exited my cabin and found almost half of my employees had gone home.

Yeah! It is early for me;not them.

I drove my car fervently looking forward to spend time with my beloveds.

But that beloved turned out to be someone else other than my family and friends.

I saw my Tom standing in the bus stop restlessly looking at her watch and towards her right of from where the bus would come. Jerry was nowhere to be seen. My happiness doubled, as everything went in favor of me today.

"Hey." I called out parking the car nearby the bus stop.

"Hello sir."

"Why are you standing here? Where is your car?"

"Car puncture sir."

"Can you please cut the sirs that are sticking to every sentence you speak?"

She smiled, "Yes boss."

Clever. Is she playing with me?

"If you call me boss or sir or something formal hereafter, your salary will be reduced to half."

She gaped at first but laughed realizing that I was kidding.

"Ok si.. No um"

"Call me Arjun."

"Ok Arjun." I was glad she called me by my name but I could sense she was uncomfortable.

No problem. She will get used to it later on.

"Want a drive?"

She stood thinking for a while.

"Don't overuse your brain for simple things. Use it while working for me; I mean while working in my office."

She laughed again. How blessed I'm to see the most beautiful laugh in the world? I feel so contented hearing seeing her laugh.

And while thinking, that she is laughing for even the least funniest joke I make, is making me delighted.

"It's ok si.. Um Arjun. I can wait for the bus."

"Oh come on. If the bus comes late, you will go home late, then you will eat late so you will sleep late that means you will wake up late and that means you will come to office late. And I don't like my employees coming late. Take a wise decision,tom. If you remove one late you can escape all the other late." I spoke without taking a breath.

She looked baffled but smiled ,"Ok."

What all I have to do,just to spend time with her?

She sat on the seat next to me and wore her seatbelt.

"Where is your house?"

"Um.. Sardhar Vallabhai Patel road, Andheri west."

Wow! It is too far away. Building your office in an isolated area has its benefits too.

"Oh! I know a best coffee shop there. I was longing to visit that place but didn't get the opportunity. I think I can go now. Will you accompany me?"

"Sure."

Thank God. She accepted without making me literally beg.

Oh no! I'm in trouble now. I don't know any coffee shop there. Forget it, I don't know anything in that location.