chapter-15

Rishab's POV:
                          "Shreya? What are you doing here?" I asked in utter shock.

"What do you mean? Shouldn't I visit you? W-won't you even let me in Rishab?" She was taken aback by my rudeness.

I was happy to see her after three years but I can't express that. It will add more complications to the prevailing one.

I want her to leave as soon as possible. I didn't like the idea of Diya and Shreya meeting.

"Sorry I can't let you in. I mean..I mean it is a mess inside. Um... I don't want you to look at it cause it is very embarrassing. Perhaps you should have called and informed me before. No problem we can meet up later somewhere." I smiled at her to make her feel convinced.

"I trust you Rishab. I hope you are not ignoring me. And yeah! Call me when you are ready to meet me." I could see she was hurt.

"I will." She just nodded and left.

Right now I feel so clueless. I shouldn't have hurt her. She don't deserve any of that. But I didn't know what else to do.

I was scared I might lose Diya even before I have her, because of Shreya.  I know Shreya is not that type. Shreya had not even thought of hurting anyone. But I can't take risk too.

I'm in a confused state now.

But I over reacted. I should have been a little more polite. As always I'm regretting after doing.

"Liking someone is not a crime. Understand that Rishab. Don't you know about Shreya? Will she do something like that to you? Will you do something like that if Diya rejects you?" A voice spoke inside me.

I shuddered at that thought. That won't happen.

Arjun, Shreya and me were called by everyone as the"The three musketeers." We were always together in everything we do. We attended the same school, same class, same bench since we were six, so we turned out to be the bestest friends. I'm not contented with 'best', because it is not suffice to describe our friendship.

Half of the year I will be in Arjun's or Shreya's place. And the other half they will be in mine. We hanged out together, played together and shared everything among us. Arjun and me acted like a protective big brother to Shreya. Problems were out of our zone when we were together.

But it all started when I realized Shreya had feelings for me. I feared I may hurt her if she confessed to me. So the only solution I came up with was to ignore her.

She was even more hurt when I did that, so she went abroad for her higher studies to save herself from this torture.

Again I'm doing the same mistake of being selfish. I think only about me. I didn't think how she would feel when I ignore her suddenly after having a decade of friendship with her.

I decided to meet Shreya and make it clear about my feelings. I have to stop this drama and again be friends with her. I know if I don't, I'm the biggest dumbass in the world because Shreya is a faultless ideal friend anyone would crave to have.

********************
Diya's POV:

                     " Rishab called me to his house. Do you believe it? He asked for my company, does that make any sense?" I spoke to her.

But she didn't reply, instead she too spoke the same.

Duh! I was speaking with my reflection on the mirror.

Hearing the six letters R-I-S-H-A-B make me go weak. He has got the thing to make people happy around him easily. He always looks cheerful that I thought he had no flaws in his life.