Chapter 42| The Promise

Still buzzed from what I found out just now, I decided to let off some steam and found this amazing cliff with an amazing view

Still buzzed from what I found out just now, I decided to let off some steam and found this amazing cliff with an amazing view. I can see the whole Crocus and made me feel somewhat nostalgic.

Because of Sting breaking the seal inside my mind, the memories of me and him playing here plays back in mind.

"Why do you know a lot of things such as this?" I asked him.

He just chuckled at me, "I have my different ways of knowing who I'm going to take on. You're my first friend and my first love. I'll do anything in my power to protect you."

Sting basically was my first friend before I was brought back to Magnolia by an impeccable timing for fate or whatever, maybe destiny, brought the timings together just so I could meet Natsu. His name made my mind change and go back to what Stinf told me awhile back.

He said that because Natsu is made by Zeref to kill us, or me in that case, it explains how he has certain effects on me. Like, for when he does say something such as hurt my feelings, it hella hurts even if doesn't necessarily have to. Even if he doesn't mean it, everything he does is meant to hurt me. Let it be unintentionally or not.

He also told me about them being a hundred years old and further clarified it to me that Zeref killed Natsu when he was still young and human. He sealed Natsu away in hopes of finding someone that would have him awaken.

Zeref, being the immortal asshole that he is, found his so-called chance when he met Grandeeney and Igneel. Apparently, Zeref was so lost of himself that he spent his years looking for someone who could help him revive his little brother and he found their parents now.

They adopted Zeref because they pitied him and Zeref doesn't necessarily care so he left their home. He just want someone who would be fit as Natsu's new parents. He still loves him, I kind of deduced that. When Grandeeney got pregnant, Zeref jumps in and planted the seal containing Natsu while she was sleeping soundly.

That's how Natsu came into life. Now, because of Zeref's eagerness that Natsu got his life back, he forgot that his brother is now part of his creation. To put it more ridiculously complicated, demons like me are created with pure ethernano while Natsu isn't because he was simply resurrected by that evil doing bastard Zeref. That is why Natsu was called an Etherious. He's now a demon due to Zeref resurrecting him from the dead.

I just wanted to ask myself why hasn't he been an angel instead but realized that it was Zeref who killed him. Apparently, a life taken by his very hands goes to hell. That is how twisted he is because of his wrong choice for fancying dark magic.

Everything seems to be clear to me now. I looked up at the moon illuminating the whole city. I accepted the fact about my death long ago. Every people would come to that point in life.

What I can't accept is that fact that nothing in my life has been good for mw to leave it just like that. I haven't been able to get the man of my dreams, I haven't gotten my friends' forgiveness, almost everything! And that is all because I'm being punished for Zeref's very own stupidity.