Chapter 26| Introductions

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Warning: Swearing

~ Lucy's P.O.V ~

"Okay, time for introductions, everybody gather around." I heard Aquarius clapping her hands to call us all out of our tents.

I looked at Natsu, "Introductions?" I raised my brow in confusion.

He shrugged, "Gramps said something about there are more teachers coming. Maybe they're here." He sat up on my laid out pile of blankets and pillows.

He's been here since the moment we all landed here on the island and he doesn't want to go to his tent. I don't know why but it's fine with me. Just as long as he doesn't mess with my things.

And that's quite impossible because all my things are packed inside my unlimited space magic strip bag.

"Why are you here anyway?" I looked at him and his cute self.

"What? Can't I visit my best friend inside her tent?" He countered.

So, I'm just going to be his best friend... What about those kisses?! Sigh. Well, I don't want our friendship to be ruined because of this. Why is everything so confusing? Just why?

Blink. Blink. "Natsu..." I whispered, "you've been clinging to me all day long." I point out the fact.

It's true though, it's like he's been attaching his self to me literally. I don't really mind it, it's kind of adorable of him but the feelings foreign to me. He's never been like this to me. Ever.

"I miss you Luce!" He said, looking directly at my eyes. As if looking at my very soul.

"Why would you-"

"I miss you Lucy, " he cut me off, calling my first name which means that he's being serious, "somehow, during all the times that we're together I feel cold." He said, looking down.

Silence befell us and I found myself blinking at him and with this sudden thickness in the air around us.

"Cold?" Why would he feel cold? He's a Fire Dragon Slayer.

"Don't mind it much, I feel warm when I'm with you rather than usual... What I'm saying is there's this feeling inside me that feels cold and that I just miss you. I don't know why or what this is but..." He sighed, finding it hard to explain it to me.

"I don't get it but I'm here, Natsu." I bit my lip before forcing myself to smile at him.

"Somehow, that smile doesn't give me the reassurance of what you just told me." He mumbled under his breath, his gaze moving down on my hand before grabbing it.

His words made me speechless. It's not a surprise that Natsu's feeling like this. He's the one closest to me so if something's going on, he'll know.

"Natsu? Where are you?!" I heard Loke's voice outside the tent.

I perked up in remembrance, I looked at Natsu for a moment before moving close to him and pulling him into a hug, "Things will turn out for the worse but all I want you to know and always keep in mind, that I'm not leaving you or anyone... I'll always stay here, with you." I whispered.