[Chapter Eighteen] Just You

Chapter Eighteen – Just You
Julian's Pov

After my shower I wrapped a towel around my waist and cleared the mirror. She really was a strong girl. I could see the bruises forming all over my torso and arms and push away the memories of my father. I knew this wasn't the same thing.

I pulled on a long sleeve shirt and shorts so she wouldn't see it because I knew it would upset her. I didn't feel any of it so it's not like it really matters.

"Hey." She came in shyly and I gestured for her to come in and she shut the door

"How are you feeling?" I asked her and she shrugged slightly

"I don't know." She played with her hands as she looked down

"And that's okay." She shook her head "Talk to me." I wrapped my arms around her and looked down at her

"I'm not used to feeling like this. I wish I could just decide how I felt and go with it. I hate everyone one minute and want to cry the next. I can't stand you one minute and the next I just want to be with you. Lacey annoys me but I care about her but I don't know why because I don't even know her." she sighed in frustration

"It will get easier. I know you're mad and hate that people are just going with the flow of everything but that's just how it is here. Every single person has a connection to drugs in here. It can be personal like us or they lost someone to it, watched them go through it and some who helped other through it."

"Yeah, Lacey mentioned that. She told me to get to know people."

"You will when you're ready, it's only been two weeks, take your time." I told her and she wrapped her arms around me.

"I'll try." She promised

"You know you can always talk to me." I tilted her head up to look at me

"Yeah, well I've now opened up and poured part of my soul out to someone who is unbelievably closed off to Me." she stepped back and went to go look through the movies I had on my shelf. She was right there; I've been pushing her to open up when I haven't done the same thing for her.

"You're right and that isn't fair to you." she looked over her shoulder at me and continued looking until she pulled out a movie.

"My brother used to watch the fox and the hound with me almost every night until our parents needed to buy a new one. It was my favorite movie and I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it a single time since my brother left when we were fourteen." She said out of the blue and then handed me a movie.

"I can't watch that." I looked away, there was a reason it was in the back but I couldn't bring myself to throw it out.

"Barbie of Swan Lake, Never though that you would have this one." She said

"My dad should be in prison" I told her suddenly before I could chicken out and she looked at me

"Why?" she asked and I was nervous, no one outside my immediate family knew this, Kylie didn't even know the real story as to what was happening.

"I had a sister named Sara; she was six years older than me." I sat down on the bed, I wasn't very good at this whole thing but I was trying.

"What happened to her?" she asked me but I could see she could guess.

"She's dead."

"When did she die?" she sat down beside me

"When I was seventeen, she killed herself."

"So it's recent?" she asked and I nodded

"It's going to be nine years soon."

"Do you know why she did it?" she put her hand in mine