[Chapter Forty] Honesty

Chapter Forty – Honesty
Julian's Pov

"What the hell is your deal?" I asked him trying to figure him out and he sighed and sat back in a chair

"She means more to me than you would think." he told me

"That's not a hard thing to beat because right now I'm thinking you don't care at all."

"I'm here aren't I?" he asked me

"Your point? You've been nasty and a complete dick since you stepped foot in here. A little reality check for you, you aren't better than any of us and you are not above us either."

"I'm going to be missing practices and games for this. I don't even live in this country and I'm here." He snapped at me, annoyed.

"What?" I asked

"I live in Spain now, I traded there last season. I flew here when Bailey overdosed and I'm here now. Just because I'm angry and disappointed in her doesn't mean that I don't love her."

"Traded for what?" I asked

"Soccer, that's why I left when I started high school."

"And didn't have time to call home?" I asked

"I was fourteen, transferred schools and started off in varsity; all I did was study and practice. I barely had time to sleep let along make friends or phone calls."

"She's family!" I always made time to call my mom and see how she was doing, she wouldn't answer around my dad but she would call back; we found time.

"Not even a text?" I asked

"I could have but I had my life and she had hers. I didn't know she had a drug problem until I got a call from my mom freaking about saying she overdosed and was in the hospital and I caught the next flight I could."

"Maybe if she had someone to go to she wouldn't have started doing drugs." She was always lonely and those people were the only ones who showed her any kind of emotion, granted it wasn't positive but she thought it was. Is she had someone to care about her maybe she wouldn't have got mixed up in it.

"You can't put her mistakes on me."

"Of course not but you all treat her like crap, you have to at least see how it plays into things." we were barley holding this conversation, he wanted to take a swing at me and I wanted to rip his fucking throat out.

"I told you I was busy."

"For six years? You were busy for six years!" I asked

"I lost contact with her okay and then it just felt like it was too late. The phone works both ways."

"Why are you here?" I asked him

"I wanted to know how she was doing, how she was really doing."

"Terrible." I crossed my arms and looked at him

"Why did you really call me?" he asked

"Because she feels alone, since Lacey's death it's been getting to her more that you aren't in her life. I'm all she has right now and she's talking about suicide and I can't let that happen."

"She's what?" Robert asked and I sighed

"I didn't tell you that, she has to open up to you on her own time." I didn't mean to spill it to him, I forgot he was even in here.

"Do you think she'll really do it?" he asked

"I think she would. I'm getting desperate here and I don't know how to get to her so she knows everything will be okay. All I can do it try."