[Chapter Fifty-Four] Next Steps

Chapter Fifty-Four – Next Steps
Julian's Pov

I was nervous for this audition, if I didn't get it I would feel like a failure and if I did get it everyone would know, which raises gossip and questions that I'm not ready for yet, I didn't want to face all this yet and the thought of doing just that made me uneasy and feel kind of sick.

Bailey called to wish me good luck this morning and hearing her voice really did help me calm down and be able to focus more on the lines and the part. I loved what I did even if it was hectic sometimes and I wanted to make the people in my life proud of me as well, I wanted to be proud of me.

I can't even remember the last time I was actually proud of myself, maybe when I got my first role in a film, but I hated myself even then especially with my father tearing me down every chance he got.

This time, this time it could be different. I would have my mom there to care and her to actually show she cares, I had Bailey to care, I had Kylie to care and I even had Robert to care.

His and my relationship was more than that of just a therapist and patient, he was almost like a father figure to me, trying to help and keep me out of trouble and he told me he planned on staying in touch after I left, I hope that we do, he's a great man.

I sat there waiting and when I was called in I took a deep breath before entering the room, it was the same thing I've done a bunch of times but it's been over six months since I did this and I wasn't sure that I could do it, maybe I was just out of practice and would fail.

No, no I won't I can do this. I gave myself a mental pep talk as they had one of the girls read the lines and I had the script in front of me but I knew I could do this part without the lines. As she talked to me I thought of Bailey as I pretended to be in love with her.

I always liked to throw myself into the character, I loved pretending to be someone like that, I always lost myself a bit in auditions and filming but in a good way and when I was done I had this sense of accomplishment and I always felt like if maybe I could convince myself that I was this person than the audience who watched would think I was too.

They seemed pleased with the audition but they've been doing this a while, they could hate me and are being polite but I knew they knew who I was and I was hoping my name still meant something around here outside of my bubble.

As they studied me I studied them right back, they would send me curious glances, probably wondering what happened to me or where I had been, one of the girls was a director I had worked with before and I knew it was big news at first when I just disappeared and now that I'm back people are curious.

"Thank you Mr. Cole, we'll be in touch." The casting director said

"Thank you all for your time." I gave them a big fake smile and then I left to get some groceries before heading home. I was in the middle of making dinner when my manager called.

"How did it go?" she asked me

"I think it went fine, don't know what the verdict will be." I held the phone against my ear with my shoulder as I continued to cook, something I couldn't even think about doing without catching something on fire before I went to rehab, Bailey and Lacey taught me to cook, Kylie was as useless as I was when it came to culinary skills.

"I think they would be crazy not to take you." she said and I rolled my eyes

"Yeah, okay. You're my manager; you're supposed to say stuff like that."

"Yes, but they can make your return big news which would be publicity for the movie and you're a great actor, you're movies are all high grossing and you can do a song for the movie." She said and I sighed