[Chapter Forty-Three] Important Conversations

Chapter Forty-Three – Important Conversations
Julian's Pov

I know she was shocked to hear it but I didn't throw out the possibility of marrying her one day. Anything could happen when we left here and I just hoped that we could be like Kylie and Caleb because if not it may kill me to let her go.

I knew just by spending these months with her that I couldn't go back to the kind of guy I was before, sleeping with a woman and not even remembering her or her name, hell even if I did remember I don't want to. I don't want to be that kind of guy anymore, I want to be the man Bailey makes me feel like I am.

She hugged her brother and I was happy I called even though the guy was a di ck at first, I'm still keeping an eye on him but I'm honestly thinking that he wants to try with her, try to make it up to her and I for one was thrilled to see the smile on her face.

We all sat down and he looked to me

"I would like to apologize for what I said to you, I shouldn't have attacked either one of you and thank you for calling me; I wish I could stay longer." He said and I nodded

"Honestly, I still don't really trust you and it's going to take more than sorry for that to change." I wasn't going to just forgive him after what he said on the phone, to me and then to her. He was on my shit list and he would need to work and prove that he's really here for her to move off of that.

"I can respect that, I'm glad she has someone to look out for her," he seemed sincere "But do you really have to share a bed?" he asked with a grimace and I smirked

"Absolutely so shush, it's not allowed." I said and he looked over at Robert who was acting like he couldn't hear anything.

"You aren't bothered by this?" Drew asked kind of annoyed

"Oh can it Drew, I thought we were past this." Bailey glared and he sighed

"Fine." He agreed and he focused on her while they caught up.

Drew talked about how he moved from school to playing pro and about his girlfriend and son while Bailey talked about how life got to where it did and they were all things I didn't know so I sat there and got to understand so much more about her.

Her mom resented them for ruining her body since she was a model and said they ruined her career so she worked with young models and helped them with all that shit I guess now while their dad worked at a fashion magazine, which I found very weird. That was how they met to begin with.

Their dad was too busy to deal with any of them even though he was the one who wanted a son, but he never wanted a daughter. When they realized Bailey was never going to be a model or even tall enough to be one they gave up on caring about her.

Her dad started drinking and he would hurt Bailey and then apologize, it was never full on beatings but he would hit her and that was wrong but despite that she was still closer to her father than her mother who barley acknowledged her for most of her life.

I could see it hurt her to hear when Drew said her mom was more annoyed than concerned when she overdosed. Her mom cared more about the time it would take and how it would make her look than about her fuc king daughter but their dad was really torn up about it.

She was right, this nice facility was guilt money on their part and her mom's way of getting rid of a problem and I didn't know what she was planning to do after she left this place.

I know she wouldn't accept my help easily but she couldn't go back to that place and if I needed to get her an apartment I would, I would have her move in with me but that was too soon and she needed to be on her own for a while.