2.

2.

Picture of Lauren to the side

Lauren.

I was currently at Perfections with my sister Skylar. She had begged me and paid me $100 to come out with her tonight. I really wasn't feeling being back in New York, and damn sure wasn't feeling being at a club with all of it's citizens.

I sat at the bar, as I sipped on my amaretto sour. I was still babysitting my drink because it's not cute to get fucked up in public. Especially around a bunch of niggas who were thirsty for anything. I had been getting the "Yo ma let me holla at you" lines since we stepped in the door.

Now I'm not that type of female who thinks that any nigga who speaks is trying to get at me but damn don't invade my personal space by grabbing on me. Speak of a devil and it shall appear.

"Ma you too sexy to be sitting here alone. Let me buy you a drink." He said while wrapping his hand around my wrist. I looked him over, he was an average dude about 6 feet tall. Light skin and kind of resembled J. Cole. "Thanks but I'm good I have a drink. I was just about to go." I said while trying to move my arm from his hold.

He grabbed where he was holding, and tried to pull me to him. "You don't gotta go no where. Come sit with Daddy." He slurred slightly. Once I got near him I could smell the alcohol on his breath. I was starting to struggle when I heard a deep voice that sent currents that went down my spine.

"Let her go." The guy grabbing me and I looked up simultaneously. I saw Amir looking pissed off. The guy looked at Amir and his face dropped. He immediately let me go, and made a hasty exit out of the club.

Amir was still looking off to where the guy ran off, while I studied his features. He still looked damn good with his caramel complexion. I quickly memorize every part of his face, just before he turned his attention back to me. With what seemed like sad eyes, "What are you doing here?" He asked.

I quickly get irritated from the question. I just looked at him with a blank face as I noticed his gaze rake over me. I suddenly thought to myself, I was glad I looked good. I may have not wanted to come out tonight, but I assure you I wont be going out not looking good.

I had on pair of tan thigh high Tom Ford boots. Light wash high waist destroyed denim shorts a white tank and an olive blazer with my nude colored YSL envelope clutch. I'm 5'1, but with my heels I'm 5'5. My skin is a bronzy color from being exposed to the Texas sun almost year round. My boobs aren't that big just big enough to be a handful so they're a firm 36C. I am not a skinny girl but I'm not fat nor any thing close to it. I think Fab was referring to me when he made the song ThimSlick. I was thick in all the right places my butt was big enough to look good in any pair of pants I put on, my hips were rounded out and l I had firm thighs since I ran at least 3 times a week.

"Well hello to you too Amir. How am I doing? I'm good." I said sarcastically. He looked like he wanted to say something but wasn't coming up with the right words. He paused then spoke, "For real Lauren when you get back to New York?" When he said my name I felt little butterflies.

I looked up at him, and then got angry with myself. I'm not supposed to be feeling this with him. I haven't seen him in 3 years. The first year after we broke up I couldn't stand him and felt the need to get away to get over him so for the past two years I've been in Houston. I haven't spoken to him at all except for the mass text message for holidays since I've never changed my cell phone number.

"I came back on Tuesday." I said sounding irked. "You here for good or are you just visiting with Sky?" "How you know I'm with Sky?" I asked confused. I then thought about how she probably dragged me here knowing he was going to be here. I'm going to have to talk to her about this.

"I saw her earlier. So you hear for good or what?" He asked pushing his question. "No I'm visiting my mom for a couple of days. I'm going back to Houston in 3 days." "Word. I need to talk to you, make sure you make some time for me. I don't want you to be like 'I got caught up I forgot' or no other bullshit, Lauren. I know you." He said looking me in my eyes.

Shit. He did know me like the back of his hand and I know him the same way, so I know he's serious. I rolled my eyes. "Alright Amir, Tomorrow morning you can take me out to breakfast and you can say what you have to say." I told him, and he smirked.

"Alright, good. I have to get out of here let me get your number so I can text you in the morning." He said, pulling out his phone. "If you still remember my number it's been the same." I replied.

He smirked again at me, then moved into my space wrapping his arms around me. "You still the same Lauren." He whispered in my ear as he pulled back to leave. As he walked away he turned to look back at me with a look in his eyes. I know that look.

------------------------------------------------------

Comment , Vote , Share

Let me know what you think!

Feedback is appreciated.