28.

28.

Alejandro.

2 Months Later

These past two months have been crazy hectic. We had to leave Colombia, the next day because of the information Juan Carlo told me. He gave me full power over everything we had in the States, Mexico, and Canada. We also had a long discussion about how this would affect the business in New York. That would be my main focus for now, unless I was needed at another location. 

Things in New York were getting pretty serious. Brooklyn ended up telling me, he knew shorty all along. How he ended up killing a few Zos, without knowing it. I didn't know if I should believe him, seeing that he lied to me to start off, but what's done is done. I had a Medellin attorney take over his case, and moved his lawyer to second chair. The guy was fucking up, and I didn't trust him. Andres, our lawyer informed us that the case against Brooklyn is more solid, than what his lawyer made it out to be. If we were lucky they wouldn't indict him for another month or two, but that would be pushing it.

We had to reconfigure the plan with Dominique, so I had to tell Heavy to hold off on sending his people. Unfortunately, Brooklyn and Dominique had to get married since there was a time limit in place. I had Andres look over the pre-nup that they had originally signed, before drawing up a new one. In this one, if she ran off, she wouldn't get anything, and a divorce would immediately proceed, with or without her signature. This way, once the time comes for her to disappear, Brooklyn won't have any further ties
with her.

Andres informed us that it was best we all proceed, like normal, and continue on with the club. The grand opening was in another week, and we were getting all of the last minute things in place. Currently Lauren was in New York, covering the promotions. She had planned to have a pre-opening night party tomorrow to generate more buzz. The entire guest list was VIP so it was definitely going to be lit. I was still in Houston, getting ready for my flight to NY. I was on the phone with Tony who was in Miami.

"Yo bro, we need you in New York, when you leaving?" I asked him. "Uh, I'll get a jet there tomorrow. I need to finish some things off here first." I let out a long breath. "You've been in Miami for almost three months. I don't understand what there is to finish." I said feeling myself getting agitated. Tony had been mostly in Miami, since the proposal.

At first it was to get an eye on the Zos, but when he did that, he could have had one of the boys keep track. "Chill out, I got some personal things to take care of. I'll be there don't worry." He said sucking his teeth. "If you didn't miss the last two meetings, I wouldn't have to worry." "Be easy little nigga, I said I'd be there." He responded hanging up. I shook my head, going to a text.

Ace: Try that shit again, and see what happens.

I sent the text to Tony, stuffing my phone in my pocket. I hated pulling rank on my brother, but lately he had been getting beside himself. I'd hate to have to humble that nigga. I finished zipping my suitcase, when my trap phone started ringing. I looked at the screen, and answered immediately. "Alejandro," I heard Juan Carlo's voice wheeze through the line. "Si Jefe," "Qué está pasando? (What is going on)" "Todo está bien. Empezamos a mover los envíos mañana por la noche. (Everything is good. Shipments begin moving tomorrow night.)" I answered him. During the last meeting, that Tony missed, Money, Brooklyn, and I agreed to start moving weight the night of the pre-party. Most of the people on the guest list were our distributors.

He let out a series of wheezed coughs before responding, "bueno, yo sabía que podía hacerlo. Has pensado en lo que le pregunté? (Good, I knew you could do it. Have you thought about what I asked?)" I threw my head back letting out another sigh. When I went to go see Juan Carlo in Colombia 2 months ago, he had a lot to discuss with me. Along with taking over North America, he informed me that he was dying. A few years ago a rival cartel, attempted to kill him by placing a bomb in his car. When he pressed, the push to start before he got in, it exploded, leaving him with shrapnel embedded in his lungs. The metal was starting to tear into his lungs, and they were continuously bleeding internally.