Chapter 22

RECAP:

“Stop. Common we’re going to be late for class.”

I shook my head. “No we’re late already so we might as well just ditch.”

“What’s up with this bad part of you?” he asked raising his eyebrows.

“Bad part?” He nodded. “Nothing,” I said shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly.  “You’re tired and I’m trying to be a good friend and help you out.” 

“And I’m trying to be a good friend and stay here so we can in school.” Ashton explained just as the bell rang.

“Well looks like we’re too late now to turn back.” I said with a devilish grin and began to walk to his car tugging his wrist.

“Hillary seriously I don’t want Taylor to be on my case.”

“He won’t be if you don’t mention anything to anyone.”

Ashton sighed and willingly walked the rest of his way to the car. Just as he sat down in the driver’s seat I spoke up, “No I’m driving. You’re about to fall asleep on your feet.” He laughed at me mockingly.

“You’re not driving my car. This is my baby.”

I rolled my eyes, “Well you’re going to crash it if you even attempt to try and drive it. Common I’m trying to get us to my house safely.”

“Not happening. Get in.”

“Ashton…” I said dragging out his name.

“What?”

“Please can I have the keys?”

His eye twitched as I gave him a puppy dog look, pleading with him to hand over the keys. “Ugh, fine whatever. If you crash it you’re paying the bills to have it fixed.”

“Okay whatever you say.”

With that, he walked around the car and sat in the passenger’s seat. I buckled myself in to the driver’s seat and pulled out of the parking lot, turning onto the main road. The drive was quiet as Ashton began to doze off in the car. We arrived in my house in no time, and I unlocked the door leading him into the kitchen.

“Are you hungry or anything?” I asked pulling a bagel out since the apple I had earlier really wasn’t enough.

“No I’m good.” He said yawning.

I nodded my head, stuffed the bagel into the toaster and turned to Ashton. “Okay follow me.”

He stood up from the stool he was occupying and followed me up the stairs to the guest bedroom that we never used. “You can sleep here. I’ll be down stairs.”

He nodded his head and plopped onto the bed face first. I laughed silently closing the door and walked down stairs and sat on the couch watching the morning news while I ate my bagel. 

PART 22

 After an hour of watching breaking news and seeing the weather I fell asleep on the couch. Ashton must have been really tired after spending majority of his time at the hospital with his mom. Emergency rooms were hectic and you could wait for hours before being able to be seen.

I didn’t know how long I had slept for but when I woke up I was still on the couch and my feet were lying in someone’s lap. Looking up, I saw Ashton concentrating on some show he was watching.