Chapter 3

RECAP:

I walked off to the field, and over to the bleachers where Carson was tuning his guitar. I walking up the metal seats, and sat down next to him, propping my guitar case on the seat lower to me and took it out, grabbing a pick.

Once Carson was done tuning his, I tuned mine and he pulled out some sheet music and lyrics to the song we were going to perform.

"Okay so here's this," Carson said handing me some sheet music.

"What are we singing then?" I asked since the name of the song wasn't ontop of the paper.

"Its If The Moon Fell Down Tonight by Chase Coy. Do you know it?"

"Yeah that's my favorite song by him. So that and what other song?" I asked putting the music down and looking out over the field. The boys were doing drills while one of them sat down at the bench, his head in his hands watching the boys.

"Well, I really don't know at the moment. We may not even have to do a second one."

"Okay well then let's get started on this."

Part 3:

ASHTON'S P.O.V:

I sat on the bench, watching my team mates jog up and down the field, kicking the ball steadily, and shooting to make a goal.  I moved my knees up and down, wanting to join them, but I knew I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to play with the team for two whole weeks. Games included.

Looking over my shoulder, I say Grayson and Taylor playing against each other, showing the rest of the team how to defend someone from your back. Taylor, Grayson and I were the best players on the team, and at the moment, they were going to be screwed if they lost the next game.

As the coach instructed the guys to do a scrimmage, I got up and walked away. I couldn't handle just sitting there and watching them, knowing I wouldn't be able to play at all.

"Ashton where are you going?" Coach T asked as I walked away from the bench.

Turning around I said, "I need to talk a walk and blow off some steam." I said. Coach nodded his head, probably understanding.

I walked off toward the bleachers, and closed my eyes, letting the fall breeze move my hair across my forehead. Once the breeze stopped I opened my eyes ducking my head to look at my feet as I walked. After a few more steps I heard a faint sound of a guitar.

Looking around I spotted two people looking down, at some paper on the bleachers. There was one girl with dark brunette hair, and a boy with light brown hair. He was singing as they both played along. I walked a little more, to see if I could hear them singing, so I went behind the bleachers, thinking they would have stopped if they saw me.

I stayed quiet, making sure I picked my feet up so they wouldn't hear anything.

"Ugh why can't I get that one part?" The girl complained. Her voice sounded familiar.

"Make sure your fingers are bent more." The guy said. "Okay we're going to pick up from your part. If you mess up, just keep singing we'll work on guitar later."

"Okay." She said with a shaky voice. The guy started to strum on his guitar, making the music flow out of it like water. After a few moments, she opened her mouth and started to sing.

My eyes widened in shock. Usually when you have a few high school kids in a little band, they think they're the best thing, but who ever this girl was, had an amazing voice.