Chapter 2

HILLARY'S P.O.V:

Once the last bell rang, I headed down the hallway to my locker. Taylor's coach called off their soccer practice, which meant I wouldn't be able to practice unless I locked myself in my room. When I reached my locker, I grabbed my binders and slipped them into my bag and made my way out to the students parking lot and over to Taylor's car.

I pulled my hood up over my head, to try and block out some of the rain from hitting my face, and jogged over to the door of the back seat. Before I could get a grip of the handle, Taylor pulled back out of the parking spot, and drove off.

That's when I saw three bodies in the car. "Why do I always have to be the one that's left behind?" I muttered to myself.

Pulling the jacket closer to my body, I crossed my arms across my chest, and began walking home.

After about ten minutes of walking, my shoes and jacket were soaked with water, as well as my hair. I made my way up to the drive way to see the little gray car parked in the middle of it. Getting to the door I could here three guys laughing.

I opened the door angrily, slamming it shut, making the boys shut up.

"Whoa, you okay there Hills?" Taylor asked.

I turned to face him, dropping my book bag on the floor. "Do I look okay to you?" I asked raising my arms so he could get a better look at me.

"You look fine. You just look wet." He commented casually. A boy I didn't know but recognized from the fight earlier just stared at me. It was honestly bugging me, but he looked confused, and curious.

"Whatever Taylor." I said bending over to pick up my book bag, and stalked into the kitchen to get a snack.

Leaving the family room I could hear them talking, but not wanting to hear what it was about, I put my iPod into my ear, turning the music up as loud as it would go.

After getting my snack, I passed the room to get to the stairs, catching my eye with the kid sitting on my couch.

...

I was sitting in my last period, waiting for the bell to ring. Last night I was so mad. Who could forget their own sister? Who would leave her to walk in the rain and not remember or care? I sometimes wonder why Taylor even was my brother.

The bell rang, and I got up, went to my locker, and grabbed my books while Taylor went to practice I made my way down to the choir room. Before I was about to open the door someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to the wall.

Then I came face to face with my friend Carson.

"Hey Carson, what's wrong?" I asked looking up into his eyes. He looked worried.

"I need a huge favor for you, and I know you can do it."  He said pleadingly.

Confused I cocked my head to the side, "Okay, but what is it that you need?"

Carson sighed and looked down at the floor. "Well, Saturday and Sunday night I have this gig. I was supposed to sing with this girl Kelly, but she has to be out of town and now I'm stuck with a duet with one person to sing it." He said. Looking back up to me he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Okay but I don't see how I have anything to do with me." I said.

He sighed. "I need you to take the place for Kelly. I need you to sing with me this weekend. I really need you."

I sighed this time. Carson and I would practice together sometimes, and he knew I felt un-comfortable singing in front of people and would rather not. "Carson I-"

Carson cut my off by putting his hand over my mouth. "Listen I know you don't want to. You just have to sing it's not like your giving a speech it's just one song."

Carson let go of my face and put his hands on my shoulders. "Please Hillary, your voice is too good for no one to hear."

I snorted, "Now you're just sucking up." 

"No I'm not.  I'm being serious. First time I heard Kelly I thought she was amazing, but then when I heard you, you're a thousand times better than she is."

"Ugh, okay fine but I need the song and we need to practice sometime."

"Really? You'll do it?" He said looking hopeful.

 I giggled, "Yeah I'll do it. But only for you, and only this once."

Carson pulled me into a bear hug and literately choked me to death. "Thank you so much Hillary this will help me out a ton." He said putting me down.

"You're welcome, but when are we going to practice?" I said.

"How about right now?"

I looked over into the choir room, to see some students practicing. "Well yeah we could do it now. But I don't have the keys to my house, so we would have to do it outside."

"Okay well meet me out side on the bleachers." Carson said and walked off.

I was about to object because of the boys practicing, but I guess I just have to get over my fear. I went over to the car, popped the trunk and grabbed my guitar. The case made it really heavy, so I just dropped my book bag in the backseat of the car.

I walked off to the field, and over to the bleachers where Carson was tuning his guitar. I walking up the metal seats, and sat down next to him, propping my guitar case on the seat lower to me and took it out, grabbing a pick.

Once Carson was done tuning his, I tuned mine and he pulled out some sheet music and lyrics to the song we were going to perform.

"Okay so here's this," Carson said handing me some sheet music.

"What are we singing then?" I asked since the name of the song wasn't ontop of the paper.

"Its If The Moon Fell Down Tonight by Chase Coy. Do you know it?"

"Yeah that's my favorite song by him. So that and what other song?" I asked putting the music down and looking out over the field. The boys were doing drills while one of them sat down at the bench, his head in his hands watching the boys.

"Well, I really don't know at the moment. We may not even have to do a second one."

"Okay well then let's get started on this."

________________________________________________________________________

Okay so i know this isn't a lot. I would have had a lot more but my wonderful laptop had to fail on me. The hard drive on it had to be replaced and so i lost everything on it. I had written two extra chapters for this story and now i have to re-write them and blah blah. I still don't even have a chapter for I think im falling for you.

Now i have to reload everything i dowloaded and its sucks. But on the brighter side we got like six, seven inches of snow and two snow days so at them moments i'm hoping we have no school tomorrow so iu can study more for my French midterm :P

I hope you like this. I was going to add Ashtons POV in this but i'll just do that next time i upload. I promiss it wont always be Hillarys pov in one chapter and then Ashtons in the next. I think that would get kind of annoying but because its at the begining of the story think it would be important :P

Picture of Hillary ---------------------------->

Follow me on twitter!!! (External Link) ------------------------------------->

Song for today: If The Moon Fell Down Tonight by Chase Coy                                                                     

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FAN!