Chapter 8

ASHTON’S P.O.V:

Why can’t this week go any faster? It was already Wednesday; I was sitting at lunch with Taylor and a few other guys from the soccer team. They were talking about a game that we had tomorrow, which I wouldn’t be playing in.

“Dude I’m so stoked.” Taylor said. Alex nodded his head and gave Taylor and excited high-five.

“I can’t wait to kick their asses.” Alex said grinning his head off.

I rolled my eyes and took another bite of my sandwich and turned me head towards the cheerleaders table. I can’t lie, the girls were hot, but they tried too hard. They would constantly check their makeup when switching classes, or checking if their hair was perfect. Then, they would flirt their asses off. Sometimes it was attractive, but others it just looked desperate.

I looked away and over to Chelsea, my ex, who was sitting with Jack laying her head on his shoulder. I glared at him wishing that was me than him. I still had feelings for her, but she cheated so why should I? I looked away, shaking my head and dropped my sub onto the tray in front of me.

Taylor raised his eyebrows, “Everything okay dude?”

I ran my face through my hands and nodded my head, “Yeah, fine.  It just sucks that I can’t play tomorrow.”

Alex nodded in agreement. “Yeah I know. We could really use you too.”

“You guys are going to get crushed.” I said. Their expressions changed to a glared towards me, “Just saying. I mean come on, without Jack and me you’re not going to have much of forward or defense.”

Taylor and Alex took my words into consideration and breathed out a sigh, “Yeah true. But you’ll be at the game so when Coach asks for breaks you can tell us what to concentrate more on.” Alex said.

“Sure, I can do that if you want.”

Taylor took another bite of his food while continuing to talk to Alex. I stayed quiet since I was in a bad mood that I couldn’t play tomorrow. And it was true, they were going to get crushed. 

HILLARY’S P.O.V:

When I got home I sat down at the kitchen table with a snack and all of my homework while I waited for Taylor to get home. We still weren’t talking that much but since he had a game tomorrow I figured I’d let him know that I still would be there to support him.

About twenty minutes passes when I heard him walk into the kitchen, dropping his soccer and book bag onto the tile.

“Hey Hills.” He said getting a water bottle.

“Hey how was practice?” I asked looking down at my paper.

Taylor shrugged his shoulders, “Same same, tomorrows the big game against Greywood.”

“Hmm,” was my brightest response.

Taylor pulled out a chair across from me and sat down playing with the cap to his water bottle. He sighed and the cleared his throat, “Are you still mad at me for not going to your thing?”

I glanced up at him before turning my attention back to my paper, “Yes.”

He sighed and continued to play with his cap. “You know I felt really bad about not going to that right?” he said quietly after a few minutes.

I laughed humorlessly through my nose and shook my head, “Well you didn’t seem it, since you obviously were having a good time with all of your sluts on you.”