Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Kendra Tucker

“Common, Hillary!” Taylor yelled as he banged on the stall door.

“I’m coming I’m coming gosh.” I said and opened the door. I was wearing an old soccer jersey and a pair of old running shorts. “Let me put my hair up and I’ll be out.”

Taylor groaned. “You’re such a girl. Hurry up Coach T wants to have some sort of practice today.”

“Okay, give me two minutes. Tell Grayson to warm up okay?” Taylor rolled his eyes but reluctantly nodded his head and went to the field. After my hair was pulled into a sloppy pony tail, I shoved my clothes into my bag and carried my shoes as I walked towards the boys.

I recognized a few of the guys from the hallways in school, but I never really talked to them. “I’m going to beat you Hillary!” Grayson shouted with a wide grin plastered on his face.

“I’m sure you will.” I called back.  I walked over to the bench and dropped my bag next it. Ashton sat there with his elbows propped up looking at me.

I walked away with a look on my face. “Okay so I would like to get home because I’m tired and it’s a Friday night and I would like to sleep so let’s get this over with.” I said with my hands on my hips.

A few guys patted Grayson on the back and walked off of the field. Coach T came over with a smile playing on his lips. “So Hillary, you’re going to play one on one with one of my best soccer players on the team is that so?”

I nodded my head, “Unfortunately, you can thank Taylor for this idea.”

“Okay well first person to score five goals wins. No sore loosing.”

“Sounds good. Common loser.” Grayson said walking to the center of the field.

“I’m not a loser thank you. You’re going to be the looser in about twenty minutes.” I said giving him a playful shove. A few of the guys in the back grounds made a hooting sound. I placed the ball in the center between us.

“Okay when I blow the whistle you can start.” Coach T yelled over at us.

We nodded our heads and waited for the whistle to blow. Grayson was a tall guy, but I wasn’t that short for a girl. Coach T finally blew the whistle and I took off. I kicked the ball behind me with the back of my foot so Grayson wouldn’t be able to get it.

Jogging backwards, I kicked the ball forwards and ran towards his side. Grayson caught up to me but before he had a good chance to block the ball, I kicked it hard enough to make it in the goal. I looked over at the team with a smirk.

“Don’t underestimate a girl!” I said and went back to the center field.

ASHTON’S P.O.V:

I sat on the bench and watched Hillary walk out wearing shin guards and cleats. Hillary wasn’t someone I would normally talk to since she was kind of a nerd you could say, but when you got close enough and actually engaged yourself into a conversation with her you could tell that she was much more.

She placed a bag next to me, giving me a look and walked away. What was she doing here?

“So Hillary, you’re going to play one on one with one of my best soccer players on the team is that so?” Coach T said to her.

 “Unfortunately, you can thank Taylor for this idea.”Hillary said, nodding her head and kicking her toes into the ground.

“Okay well first person to score five goals wins. No sore loosing.” Coach said, and walked off the field. Grayson and Hillary walked to the center of the field chatting.