Chapter 44: Gossip

"And like she totally fell on her face! What an idiot!" Erica laughed with Rachelle. Since, they're the closest amongst the five of them, they hang out a lot. So this day isn't any different from the others.

"Oh my gosh! What a nerd. Wait, what did you say her name was?" Rachelle asked.

"Thea Whitelock is her name. Why'd you ask?" Erica scrunched up her face in confusion.

"Oh nothing. It's just that her name is so familiar." Rachelle shrugged.

"What do you mean?" now it was Erica's turn to ask.

"Let's just say I have dirt on Thea Whitelock." Rachelle smirked. She knew Erica would be interested in this. Who wouldn't be? The school nerd has done something so scandalous. Well, scandalous on the popular crowd.

"Ooooh. What is it?" Erica lowered her voice in case anyone from school heard. Rachelle smiled to herself knowing that she was right.

"So," Rachelle lowered her voice like Erica's, "the story goes liked this. Thea was just casually doing her nerd routine...y'know whatever it is nerds do. And suddenly James Simpson, the guy on Cal's soccer team, went up to her. He asked her if she could do his homework and the little sket asked James 'what's in it for me?' James smirked and said 'happiness'." Rachelle continued.

"And then? You're leaving me hanging here, Rach." Erica whispered.

"Well let's just say that Thea's virginity no longer exists." Rachelle giggled.

"James slept with her?!" Erica gasped a little too loud causing Rachelle to slap Erica's arm lightly. "Shut up, Erica. People might hear you." Rachelle took a sip of her drink and rolled her eyes.

"So? They don't know who James and Thea are." Erica scoffed.

"Yeah, maybe they don't. Thanks to you, now they do!" Rachelle said, annoyed. "Plus, people from school hang out here and they don't know that." Rachelle added.

"At least they do now. We did them a favor; we did Thea a favor. Now, they don't have to keep asking her what happened because people heard it from us." Erica smiled like she made sense.

"Ugh, whatever." Rachelle rolled her eyes once more. "Sources say, she and James are still doing 'homework' every night." Rachelle said with quotation marks.

"That's good!" Erica grinned. Rachelle looked at her like she was mad. "What? At least James can learn something other than sleeping around and soccer." Erica said.

"Erica, they're not actually doing homework." Rachelle said, hoping Erica would get it through her thick brain.

"What? But you said—oh. I think I get it now." Erica nodded and Rachelle half smiled.

"So, how's Joey?" Rachelle asked genuinely. It's very rare for the girls to ask about each other's family members so, it's very shocking when they do.

"Joey? Oh he's okay. He got engaged two weeks ago." Erica smiled at the thought of her brother getting married.

"Wow! Really?!" Rachelle was gobsmacked. Rachelle used to like Joey when they were children. Of course, she's moved on and it was just a happy crush. But it's weird to think that your childhood is now getting married. It seemed like it was only yesterday when she first saw him and now he's getting married.

"Mhm! His fiancée is really pretty. I'm kinda sad, though. It used to be me and him all the time despite our stupid arguments. Now, it's like I woke up from a dream and this is reality. He finally has someone to hold, and I'm jealous. I want someone like that. My brother, he's—he's a guy every girl has dreamed of. Y'know what I mean? He's just a good—great rather, great example of what a man should be. It's sad, because his heart is usually the broken one. He'd never broken up with someone. It was always him who gets broken up with. He's just too good and he deserves this kind of happiness." Erica's little speech made Rachelle stare at her in awe. Rachelle never thought Erica thought of Joey that way, because Erica seems so annoyed by him. "I don't want to lose him, Rach. We grew up together and not seeing him often is—it just breaks me." She sniffed.

"Erica, you're not going to lose him. He'll be there on Christmas and every holiday ever. Plus, I'm pretty sure that no matter which girl comes in his life, you'll always be his number one. I know that, because of the way he looks after you when your mom and dad are away. He'll still be a part of your family. He's just...extending it I guess. Soon, you'll be an aunt! Aren't you excited?!" Rachelle tried her best to make it sound happy, but Erica couldn't keep it together anymore.

"Aww Erica, it's okay." Rachelle hugged her.

"I wish I was Jessica so, that I have many older brothers. Y'know, so that when one leaves, there's still others." Erica admitted.

"Jessica can't even keep track of her brothers! Are you sure you want that?" Rachelle giggled which caused Erica to giggle too.

"I guess you're right." Erica pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears.

"Bitch, I'm always right." Rachelle laughed.

"By the way, Joey told me you guys are invited." Erica reached in her bag and pulled out a fancy looking envelope with Rachelle's family name on it.

"We'd be happy to be there." Rachelle grinned.

* * * *

A/N:

Vote and comment.

Tumblr: in-a-lot-of-fandoms-tbh