Chapter Thirty-Three

July 15th, 2014

"What are you doing here?"

Luke was standing at my door, dressed in a dark formal suit that look extremely hot on him, but I was confused. He was smirking and holding one single rose. "Well," he started as he walked into my house with an invitation. "Two months ago, I woke you up in the middle of the night so I could ask you out on another date, but a cheesy one. We haven't done that yet."

"Oh," I smiled shyly. "It's Tuesday, though. We have school tomorrow."

"Are you rejecting me?" Luke pouted and held the rose to his side. I laughed, shaking my head.

"No." He was being obnoxiously romantic, however. "It's just so short notice and I'm not dressed or ready. My mum doesn't know, either." He pouted again but still handed the rose to me. "Ugh, fine, come find her with me," I smiled, holding my vacant hand out for him. He took it and we walked around the house looking for a tall lady, and finally we found her in the laundry room.

"Well, hello Luke," was the first thing she said. "You look nice. Paige, do you have a date?" my mum smiled.

"Apparently," I chuckled, looking down at the small rose.

"Oh, have fun!"

"You're not going to ask me questions?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Please, I knew you two had something from the start. And here is Luke in a nice suit and he brought you a rose! I don't even care where this date is, just go. Look at that face," she pointed to my blushing boyfriend, and boy did I love saying that. "Plus, you two are holding hands. Now leave me alone."

A minute later, Luke and I were up in my room. He was sitting on my bed, holding the rose in both of his hands while I rummaged around my closet for something to wear.

"John's on probation," said Luke from behind me.

"Wow, for what?"

"A couple weeks ago, he got in a bar fight. He was forced to let me out of his sight," Luke lightly laughed.

"Good, this night would have been really boring if you didn't show up. Should I wear this?" I asked, turning around with the foral dress I wore last summer and haven't touched since. He smiled brightly and nodded up at me. "Close your eyes, I have to take off my pants and you haven't seen down there yet." He loudly laughed but did what he was told as I slipped on the dress. "I need you, it has a zipper."

"I bet you could do it yourself, but since you need me." Luke stood up and set his cold hands on my back. "Sorry, I'm a walking freezer." I scoffed, knowing he did that on purpose. "Done," he said after a minute. "I have reservations for 6:30, so hurry up."

"You're such a jerk," I said as he pulled at my waist.

"I'm your jerk," smirked Luke. "That's not gonna change, it's how we flirt."

"That's true," I said, "now you have to watch me fix my hair and do makeup!" I exclaimed with a bright face and laughed when he frowned. "It's your own fault for dating me."

"Well I don't regret it."

"Good, me neither," I smiled.

--

We arrived at the local restaurant, Venir, ten minutes later. I laughed, because I took French, and Luke had no idea what I was laughing at.

"It literally means 'come'," I said to him and his eyes widened as he realised how inappropriate the world really was.