Chapter Twenty-Six

April 25th, 2014

I didn't know if he was feeling okay or that it just slipped out of his mouth, but that didn't change that what he said was shocking. He was dead serious, though. As he awaited for me to say something else, all I could do was laugh. The moment I realised we were both leaning in, everything in my head spun out of control. He had kissed me when I was smiling, just enough to time to slip his hand up my thigh and the other hand further up my back.

Sometimes, Luke had chapped lips when we kissed, but that didn't mean I enjoyed it any less. Yet this time, his lips felt softer than usual, and damn, that made me go absolutely insane. My hand rested on the nape of his neck, where small tuffs of hair got caught in my fingers. The both of us were beginning to fall backward on the couch, and when my head hit the cushions, Luke found the chance to move his hand up to my cheek so my back wasn't crushing it.

He smiled while pulling away briefly, opening up his mouth to speak. "You know," he whispered. "I only kissed one girl before you, when I was 'round 15 or 16, but hell, Paige, you're so much better." He didn't even give me a chance to respond before pressing his lips against mine again, much less neater than the first time.

I knew my hands were shaking as I ran my fingers through Luke's hair. I had never felt this way about anyone before, but there was something about him that couldn't compare to everyone else. My eyes fluttered closed the longer we kissed. Even though he told me he'd kissed someone before me, I hadn't kissed anyone before Luke.

I was the first to make a move, kind of. And I didn't once think it would cause us to end up like this.

Luke used his one hand to prop himself above me on the couch, the other hand was still holding my right cheek, caressing it as his lips moulded perfectly against mine. I knew this was more than a kiss.

If anyone were to walk in on us, we'd probably look like a bunch of idiots, laying down and making out on a couch. That was what we were. But right now, it didn't matter. My fingers toyed with the collar of his plaid shirt- the same shirt I'd seen him wear a least ten times. The only funny thing about the situation was that Luke's feet were hanging off the edge of the three-person couch.

After two minutes, my lips were beginning to feel numb, but I could still notice pressure as Luke kissed me. Every time he did, my heart began beating five times faster as my skin grew insanely hot. Who knew, from the start, that he'd have this affect on me?

He gave my lips one last peck before hoisting himself off of me and helping me up with him. His cheeks were bright pink, there was no use hiding it. And I could tell from the silly smile on his face, he enjoyed it as much as I did. I smiled along with him. Pretty soon, we were laughing and kissing again.

I didn't even understand.

How could I; when the boy I've liked for so long was actually standing here and kissing me with everything he has?

It had to be a prank or something. This couldn't be real.

Luke rested his forehead against mine and took a few deep breaths before smiling again. With his arms draped around my waist, my hands on his upper arms, we were holding each other as close as possible so we could still see the other's face.

"Hey," I whispered, mimicking him from earlier. "What time is it?"

"What do I look like, a watch?" he asked in a serious tone although it was jokingly.

"You're wearing one." Instinctively, he rolled his eyes but checked the watch on his wrist before glancing up at me with a wide smile. "What?"

"7:42."