Chapter Twelve

February 3rd, 2014

I was about ready to explode. With every thought came a migraine and with every movement a bruise. I felt extremely fragile for the most unknown reason, but after my mum took me clothes shopping, I felt ten pounds lighter and instantly I wanted to wear a dress. Something was wrong, something was deeply wrong. Whether it was teenage hormones or this new knotty feeling in my stomach whenever I thought of Luke, something was very different.

It had been a few days since I first heard his infamous band and I wished for more. But we want things we can't have, so, I guess that's not gonna happen. They were probably only known by two people other than me and their mums; what was the likelihood of them releasing an album? Zero to none.

I was a heavy sleeper when it came to summer time, so whenever somebody tried to wake me at around 10, I wouldn't know unless they confronted me about it hours later. And then I would be cooped up in my house for hours until it was nighttime again. I was ready for summer to be over. Let's just say, I would see him more often. Whoops, someone's a little boy crazy.

I was breaking the club's rules, not to mention we didn't even meet at Nelly's anymore due to it being summer. Maybe I should have called an impromptu meeting to discuss how bad I hated the club. Luke understood my feelings towards the pointless club, the only one who had no clue was Calum. I just didn't know how to break it to the poor kid.

Calum was more of a litigious person than anyone I knew. He would fight against something until the end of time, so it was best to never ever get into a fight with him. Unless you liked losing, because you would never win. Usually, Cal doesn't like opinions but he's okay with his own. So if I were to say that the club was a shit idea and I wanted out, I wouldn't be able to get out. Signing that paper that day at Nelly's was probably signing a never ending contract. Too bad.

Since it was morning, I wasn't exactly motivated to do much. So I walked around my house holding a bowl of cereal in sweatpants and a sports bra, looking for a place to sit to watch TV. My brother was who-knows-where and my mum had to work. I was home alone for a while. I settled myself on the couch in the living room, with my feet placed on the coffee table, a remote in one hand and the cereal in the other. Things couldn't have been more perfect.

But sadly, the only good thing on TV was the stupid news. I guess I could settle on finding out what house burned down in Sydney last night again. Rascal curled up beside me and laid his head on my lap cutely. As much as I found him annoying, I loved it when he did that.

"What do you think, Cal; should I talk to Luke?" I asked the puppy next to me, knowing I wouldn't get an answer. Well of course I wouldn't get an answer, he's a fucking dog. I sighed, brushing his fur with three fingers. "You're so cute, I wish you were Luke so it would be easier to talk to you."

The small dog softly purred in his sleep and I smiled down. Even though he couldn't understand me, he still could hear my voice. It was like a different language, except nobody understood what the hell the dog language meant.

My phone buzzed on the wooden table that my feet were placed on and I reached my right hand from off of Rascal to the electronic. It was Calum, asking me to let him in so he didn't awkwardly have to ring the doorbell since he was my best friend. I chuckled and got up from the comfortable couch to answer the door.

"It wouldn't be awkward, but it did make it a little bit more weird," I noted, realising I was still holding the bowl of cereal and wear a bright blue sports bra. Oh well, it was just Calum, but I did set the bowl back down on the coffee table.

He just snickered and let himself in, which happened a lot. "You're looking good today, Pai. Did you do something different to your hair?" Cal asked, an indirect to my bed head. I groaned and that caused him to laugh.