Miss Matched

• Dedicated to Pepita Tomlinson

Prologue

We sat at the swing by the porch. Zayn throws me a can of Dr. Peppers then, sits beside me.

“So…  What’s the catch?” I ask him 

He looks at me then, grin widely “Nothing.”

“Nothing?..” I ask sarcastically “…. Don’t tell me you think I’m going to believe that lame excuse?”

He laughs then raises his arms in the air “Fine. I give up”

“So, are you gonna tell me or not?” I ask grinning

Zayn turns to face me but looks down at the floor. He was grinning.

“I have a deal for you...” he says finally looking at me

“A deal?...” I ask confused. 

“Well, I know you can tell that I like Jill….” He says

I rolled my eyes at him “Isn’t it obvious? Everyone can tell that…”

“I get it okay. Could you shut for a minute and listen to me first?” he says giving me a cold stare

“Fine!...” I raised my arms in the air “… continue.”

He took a sip in his drink before continuing.

“I was wondering if we could work together t-”

“What?! Work together? Seriously? ” I cut him off 

Zayn rolled his eyes at me “Yes! I said work together… I believe we can”

“Really?...”  I grinned”…that will be something I’d like to see…”

Zayn sighed “Could I continue?”

I laughed “Fine. Fine…. I’m not gonna interrupt you again”

I took a sip on my can of Dr. Peppers as I listen to Zayn’s explanation

“… I was thinking…. Maybe you could… I don’t know…help me with Jill?” he says

I almost choke on my drink. I was surprise. Really surprise. This is something I least expected and Zayn’s the last person on my mind that I think would be asking for my help.

It’s not that I don’t like him. It’s just that we always have contradicting views and you won’t see us agreeing on anything.

“… And what’s in it for me?” I ask wiping my lip

Zayn laughed lowly at my reaction but stopped when, he sees that I was annoyed

“…. We’ll if I’m right you like one of us?” he asks grinning

My eyes widen then I put my drink down on the wooden floor

“How did you know that?” I asked him

“…. Something tells me you like Harry…” he replied grinning

I sighed “…. Where the hell did you get that?!”

“I’m not telling! …. Should I continue?”

I nodded

“… So what I’m proposing is help me with Jill and I’ll help you with Harry…”

I bit my lip “I’m not sure if Jill’s going to like this…”

Zayn looks at me “… I just need a chance to show her how I feel about her… ”

I stuck my tongue “Stop that! Stop with the cheesy thingy… It’s grossing me out besides if I’m right I’ll be the last person you’d ask for help. So, why me?”

“Clearly you’re her best friend and you know everything about her and you’re right about the last person thing. I wouldn’t ask for your help if I don’t really need it badly… And I’m sure you feel the same way about me?”

“Right! I made that clear before, didn’t I….?”  I continued “…..Give me one good reason why I should accept your deal and be in your favor instead of my best friend?” I ask him raising a brow at him

He answered immediately “…. Cause we’d be working together to get something we both like.”

I starred at him.  Deliberating. I’m actually, measuring the pro’s and con’s of his proposal.

The wind blew my long hair against my face. It was such a beautiful night, the stars and moon is clear in the night sky. The waves in the ocean are crashing against each other making a soothing sound.

I was fidgeting. I stood up without a word and sighed…

“I guess I’ve got nothing to lose?.. ” I said biting my lip

Zayn stood in front of me and held out his hand “…. It’s a deal then?”

I looked at him “…. Deal! Just because I wouldn’t want you annoying my best friend every time, understand? “

Zayn chuckled and raised his can “To our out of the ordinary alliance?”

I rolled my eyes and raised my own can ”This will be interesting…”

Italicized- What the character is saying in his/her mind

 * Hi Loves! this is my first 1D fanfic... Hope you like it. :) I wanna hear your feedbacks Xxx