A Century's Moment

As Kamina attempted to save Hajime, Sesshomaru came closer to the room. Ignoring the mess and mass destruction around the palace, he used all his speed to find Kamina. And when he did, his heart sank. He stood at the entryway of the room, where he could completely see the scene before him. A pain in his chest rose when he saw Kamina's lips pressed to Hajime's.
Sesshomaru's ears seemed to be oblivious to every other noise outside and his eyes couldn't look away, as much as he wanted them to. The image in front of him was sickening in its own sense, and boiled him with fury and jealousy.
Kamina kept her eyes closed as she kept her lips against Hajime's. He was barely alive, and his vision became blurry. Sesshomaru's breath hitched when both of their eyes widened at once. The creases against Kamina's face engulfed her face almost entirely, running halfway down her cheeks glowing their intense crimson.  Unlike other times, howeve , her eyes weren't a matching red.
Instead, they were an unbelievable golden color- matching the shade of the summer's sun. Her pupils dilated and changed into a crimson color. It sent chills down ones spine when one saw the golden iris to match.
In turn, Hajime's eyes remained blue. His pupil dilated as well, and in his right eye, his symbol appeared. It was brighter than ever, shining in a bright violate shade. The inscriptions in his symbol, which wrote out their bond , began to rotate around his pupil, setting off a glow.
Sesshomaru took a step forward as the inscriptions glowed twice as strong and seemed to leave Hajime's eye. They revolved around Kaname and Hajime, and stoped when the inscriptions formed a ring around them. The inscription set off another glow, as it closed in on the two of them.
Sesshomaru called out Kamina's name as the light of the inscriptions became too bright. The strength of the glow was blinding, and filled the entire room. Sesshomaru closed his eyes to keep from going blind, as the light seemed to remain within the four walls of the room.  

  Hours later, servants scoured around the castle, hurriedly trying to put the destroyed palace back together. The wood of the halls were bloodstained, and broken. Sliding doors and many rooms were torn by blades, and possessions were everywhere. The ones from Momochi's village managed to be alright, with the help of the King's guards. They safely resided within the palace as their tents were put back together.
Momochi, their leader, was within the King's infirmary. There were so many wounded men the Palace's Doctor was needed to tend to the greater lot of them. Momochi was charged with attending to Hajime.
After last night, no one could explain what happened. They cleared from the room just in time for Fumiko, Momochi and the doctor to arrive. Kamina and Hajime were both unconscious. As Sesshomaru and Fumiko took Kamina back to her room, Momochi brought Hajime to the kings infirmary.
After preparing everything she would need, she undressed Hajime and pulled the sheets off of him, leaving him in only the lower half of his kimono. Her violet eyes widened as she laid eyes in Hajime's stomach. She had witnessed with her own eyes as Hajime stood in front of them and was stabbed. But, she couldn't find a wound. Correction- there wasn't even a scar.
As Hajime laid on his back, unconscious, Momochi knelt down beside him and got closer. She took his wrist and felt for his pulse. Placing her head on his chest, she double-checked. Everything was perfect. She couldn't explain it, but it was. She sat up and looked at Hajime. Then, she looked at his chest, tracing her hand over it. There should have been a scar. Her hand trailed over his toned stomach and she marked where the blade had gone through. Again, there was nothing.
" You have delicate hands."
Momochi quickly retracted her hands from his stomach when Hajime spoke up. She looked at him to find he'd awakened. "You have the right hands for a doctor. " By the heat on her face, she figured she was flushed. She pulled the sheets over his chest and cleared her throat.
"There isn't a wound. Not even a scar." She told him. Hajime didn't seem surprised, he simply nodded.
Momochi watched him. "Can you sit up? I need to examine your back ." She told him.
Hajime cooperated and did as told, the sheets sliding onto his waist as he sat up. Momochi sat on her knees behind him. Hajime slouched over slightly, making his back flex. Momochi looked at him then regained her focus. She placed her palm onto his back , trailing her fingers over a scar on his shoulder blade. By the complexion of the skin, she could tell the scar wasn't from this sword. It wasn't a fresh cut. " the wound is completely healed. And it didn't seem to leave a scar." She told him quietly as she looked at his back.
Hajime grinned, lighting up the mood . "You must be a great doctor then." This gained a small smile from Momochi. She let her hand off his back and reached for his kimono top, placing it over his shoulders. In silence, Hajime looked at her over his shoulders as he put his arms into the sleeves.
"Thank you." Momochi's delicate voice told him, as he left his Kimono opened and stood up. Momochi looked up at him as he looked down at her. She set her hands folded in front of her as she stood. " That woman with the unborn child, and the queen. They would be dead. I would be dead... If it had not been for you. " she looked into his blue eyes as he looked down at her.
"Thank you for your bravery. And for saving me, Hajime." Momochi smiled. Hajime stared into her violet eyes with his own blue ones.
"You're welcome."