The Casualties of Love

A few days passed since the worst happened. The people from the village outside of the palace, had all been patiently waiting and praying for the royal family. Within the palace, however, it was a different story.

Since Sutendoburedo declared his little 'game' and made Kamina one of the players, no one was exactly at peace. Ichi had broken down, and was seeking comfort in anyone as memories of her missing sister continuously crossed her mind.

On the fifth day of it all, Kamina's wound had healed, and she had spent the previous night comforting Ichi. By the time the sun came up, Kamina already left her room.

Outside, the pale white snow gave the palace a beautiful, and peaceful winter decor. While most people were asleep, Kamina made sure to pull the covers over Ichi, and leave the room, heading for the Herb Garden.

When Kamina slipped into the small interior, the warmth of the greenhouse-like space instantly soothed her. The scent of the garden roamed around the air, as Kamina walked to the opening in the center. There, Doctor Chio, Momochi, and Fumiko all waited.

Fumiko stood from her seat, and smiled at her daughter, as Kamina walked towards them. Her eyes were still black, her hair trailed behind her, and the veins in her eyes were once more visible. Yet, the bloodthirsty affects Sutendoburedo warned her about, weren't there.

"Ready?" Fumiko asked softly. Kamina looked from Momochi, who smiled kindly-and hopefully,to Chio, who gave an approving nod.

"She's in pain." Kamina stated, her voice blunt with sadness.

"I know." Fumiko whispered, soothingly. When she held her hand out for Kamina, Kamina looked at her mother's palm before placing her hand above it. Fumiko walked forward with her, to the area in the center where the rays of the sun shined brightest. She stood Kamina there, and slipped her hand away.

Momochi watched. She seemed like some other being, and not a demon.

Kamina stood at the center, looking up at the light of the sun, before looking back at her mother.

"Clear your thoughts, and channel your energy to your mind. " Fumiko told her. Fumiko started her off. "Close your eyes." she instructed Kamina.

Kamina did as told. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath. She tried to concentrate on clearing her mind. After a few seconds, thoughts were no longer rushing through her head. The heat of the sunlight above her became warmer. She could hear the heartbeats of the three persons around her. Even the scents of the plants became stronger.

Next, Kamina continued with what she was told. She channeled all her energy to her mind. "Think about her." Fumiko smiled slightly. "...And channel your connection to him."

Kamina remained with her eyes closed. Momochi, Chio and Fumiko watched closely. For a few moments, nothing happened. But after some time, Kamina's chest rose with a deep breath. The light which fell towards her hid her from them as her face was blank in complete peace.

To Kamina, the light came at her like a tsunami. But, as she had heard from her mother, she had full control over this.

The image changed, and Kamina was standing at the edge of the small stream. The stream, which was right outside the home she had shared with Momochi, Kirito, and the Twins. Everything was much more clear. It was spring, and the sun was bright. Kamina turned around, to the sound of a weeping voice. At the opening of the small home, she found Ni's small figure crying. Kamina smiled sadly and walked towards her, reaching out her hand and wiping a tear away.