Don't Worry, Child

The next day, with heavy snowfall falling around the the Suzuki castle, Kamina was called for a meeting with the king and queen. Normally, she would be addressed casually, by her parents. But to receive an order, and to direct them as King and Queen, she knew the importance of this. And so, Kamina obeyed the royal compromise.

Kamina had not returned to her bedroom the night prior. In fact, she wasn't seen at all. As Momochi tied the back of her kimono, she wanted to ask her if something happened. Instead, though, she kept quiet.

After letting Momochi dress her, she was escorted with the guards, and the Miko to the conference room. When she entered the room, the Guards stepped aside from in front of her. There were two at her back, two at her sides, and two in the front. Only the frontal guards stepped away, and Kamina could clearly be presented to the room.

Within it, there were small tables in an aisle, coming from each side of the Kings seat. Those, were full of the royal court, who only looked at her. At the side, standing, were Kirito and the twins. One of the guards took Momochi's arm, and led her to them. There, she stood and waited. Having the soldier touch her, Kamina sent him a sharp, displeased glare. But, she had to put up with it. Taking in a breath, Kamina put one foot forward and stood at the center of the two parallel aisles. She was facing the King and Queen. And, the court faced her.

Kamina had not worn her crown. The maids had not even presented it to her. They only gave her a kimono, with intricate details fit for a princess. Her hair, was left as it was, but pulled back into a bun, held with pins. Her bangs, fell at the side of her face. In this dress, Kamina presented herself. She took in another deep breath, and bowed her head.

"I am here on the King's order." Kamina said, with her bowed head. The court did the same, and bowed back. Cai stood then. He wore the flowing Kimono, decorated in gold and black lining. On his back, was the image of a great dragon, forming the shape of an 'S'. His hair was pulled back as well, his bangs falling down the side of his face, and two long strands leaving the crown and falling over his shoulders.

"Kamina. " Cai started, only standing in front of his seat. "The reason for my order, was because we need to discuss matters." He said.

Kamina rose her head. "I though as much, you Magesty. What is it we must discuss?" she asked. Cai wore a pained expression, as he sat down , and let the court do the talking. The first to stand, was a man at the first seat on the far end of the left aisle. He, was the one sitting closest to her father, aside from Fumiko.

" The court has received the news of the princess's arrival. " He said. In mirrored actions, the ones at the court all bowed their heads once more. Kamina responded with a nod. "However," the same man said, in the flaming red kimono. " The kingdom is stressed. Word has gotten out, and some believe this is a lie. Others believe, you are not the princess, but an impostor. " He finished. Kamina rose her head higher, processing his words. At the side, Momochi furrowed her brow in worry. Kirito tensed up, and the twins were watching silently.

" You doubt my bloodline?" Kamina asked, in a strong voice. The man standing winced.

Another stood, and the first one sat. "It is not us who doubt it. It is the people. The King and Queen, as well as us, do not wish to think such things. We have all hope that it is you. " he said.

"What is the problem then?" Kamina asked, in a softer tone.

" The people are displeased... they want proof." He said. Sitting down, the middle aged man, turned back to their king.