Choices

After entering the Suzuki Palace, Kamina felt a pain in her chest jab through her. She honestly had no recognition of this place, for it had changed greatly since she was twelve and lived here. Now, she noticed all of Sien's decorative taste was demolished, and the castle was introduced to its' royal glow once more.
Even so, as they stood outside the throne room, Kamina gripped Momochi's hand. Her parent's were in there, weren't they? Yes, that's why she felt like this. But with all honesty, she dreaded someone else being there as well.
When she glanced at Momochi, she was awarded with a reassuring nod, urging her to go forward. Finally, Kamina caught her breath and opened the doors to the room.
Within it, the throne room remained the same as with the decor from her first coronation. The seats, however, were empty. Instead, two individuals stood at the center of the room. Guards and servants stood aside, allowing their respected Lord and Mistress to step forward.
Cai, the white haired demon man, walked closer as Kamina and her group stopped. He stood a few feet away in dismay. Kamina released Momochi's hand once feeling more welcome. Cai, however, could feel his crimson eyes water. Kamina watched, as a woman stepped out from behind him.
Energetically, the woman stepped beside him and looked up. Fumiko's dark eyes widened as she stared at Kamina. HEr long dark black hair to only her shoulders. She had changed some, but she was still as beautiful as they remembered. Fumiko's eyes watered as well, and she clasped a hand over her mouth in emotion.
"Ka... Kamina?" Fumiko finally managed to ask.
Across from her, Kamina took a few steps forward away from her group and nodded. Not being able to contain her happiness, Fumiko ran forward and collided into Kamina, holding her in an embrace. She sobbed happily into her shoulder, as she held an arm around Kamina, using the other to stroke her hair. Kamina jolted a bit from the impact of the embrace, but soon relaxed. Her mother's warmth- was incomparable to anything else in the world. They hadn't been able to embrace like this in so long.
Soon, Kamina too, found her eyes brimming with tears. She hugged Fumiko in return, hiding her face in her shoulder. It was moments later, that the two of them were taken in by yet another pair of arms. Cai held the both of them, allowing them to shift and hug him as well. Kamina stood in the middle now, flustered like a child, as her parents pampered her with love.

While the royal family rejoiced, Momochi, Kirito and the twins stood at the side watching. Momochi had a content smile, watching as she felt happy for Kamina. She deserved something good in her life, after everything.
" Thank you for returning our princess." The servants spoke, all bowing towards Momochi and Kirito. Momochi blinked in surprise. Fumiko and Cai nodded and looked up, as the three of them turned to Momochi.
"Is there anything we can do to repay you?" Fumiko asked, her voice as soft as the strum of a harp.
Momochi blinked again, a bit too shy to actually speak. They were in the presence of the royal family. Kamina looked up and smiled. " I want them to live with us. Along with their village. " she said. Those words caused Cai and Fumiko to look up at her, then at Momochi, Ni and Ichi, and Kirito. Fumiko's face softened and they received and 'of course'.
Later on, Momochi and Kirito agreed to travel with the guards and Cai to the village to transfer the villagers before nightfall. The twins, were taken in by the maids to be presented with their new duties, and rooms- much to Ichi's liking. Kamina though, stayed behind with Fumiko.
The two of them opened the sliding door to Kamina's room, for her to find everything the same. Her room, was at the highest tower, like before, upstairs. The simply decoration of the room had not been touched. She had her large futon, tall and dark changing screen, a place for her clothing, and a body mirror. The only other things, was a decorative sword stand, some vases with bamboo or flowers, and a lantern from the cieling which was always lit by a candle.
Kamina loved this decoration, because of it's simplicity. The balcony, as she noticed, was also left untouched, and still overlooked the garden. Kamina turned from the balcony and to her mother who smiled happily.
"I always knew," she started, wiping a tear from her eye, "that you were alive."
Kamina nodded slowly. "I had thought the kingdom would be angry at me for my abandonment, and for turning down the crown. But, I see that's not the case."
Fumiko nodded in agreement. "Of course not. Everyone in the Eastern lands were worried sick."
Kamina smiled and nodded, leaning against the balcony. She had something she wanted to say, but she didn't know how. As she caught her breath, Fumiko spoke.
" Kamina, would you not like to see him?" she asked. Kamina looked up, and blinked before turning her head to her mother.
"Who?" she asked softly. The snow that was already falling here, touched down around Kamina at the balcony.
"Hajime."  

Kamina's P.O.V

"Hajime."

At that time, when I heard that name after a year, my breath got caught in my chest. I remember not being able to move... to blink, breathe, or even listen to the next words my mother spoke.
The pure smile of my mother, wasn't as reassuring as I'd hoped. That day, being surrounded by the falling snow, I watched as she left me. I was left alone, in that solitude room to ponder on what I would do next. His name echoed in my thoughts, not allowing me to concentrate. It was like a chorus, to the manocholy melody of my life
It was a foreign name. A name that seemed as a stranger. I didn't say it then, but that wasn't the name I'd wished to hear. That wasn't the first person I'd wished to see.
I made a commitment, only to later find out it was not my right choice. But, he understood.
But anyways, thinking back to that time, I remember how I waited there, covered in snow, on my balcony. From the distance, I could hear his footsteps running towards my room. When he finally arrived, he slammed my sliding door open and slid into the room.
Our eyes had met. And, he had made every emotion he held in his heart, visible in his eyes. Where as I, simply turned, and fell victim. Thinking back on it now, I wonder why I did such a thing.