Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 28

Twenty-Eight

Jullian's leg bounced up and down where he sat at a table next to mine. His eyes staring out the window. He was beyond bored and I knew it. For the past week he's been guarding over me and have seen nothing. I know how much he really didn't like being in the library but he's been silent when I do come here.

I giggled drawing his attention to me. "One more sentence then I'm done with this chapter. How about we go outside into the beautiful sun."

He pouted. "You better not be saying that for my sake." Raising an eyebrow at me folding his arms over his chest. "I know you're the kind of person to think of others. But I'm supposed to be your shadow so if you want to continue working, please continue."

Placing the last period on that chapter, I turned off my computer. "But I think it would be healthy to take a nice break." I looked at my phone and smiled. "It's an hour before the others get out of class for the day. Plenty of time to savor the quiet."

Moving all the books on the table into a pile, I was going to put them back. Jullian's hand rested on the top of the pile. Looking up saw he was looking at his phone. "Get your laptop and belongings, seems Alexi just went into labor."

I gasped and felt the thrill that their baby was coming. "Have they left for the hospital?"

Jullian nodded as he knelt down a little so Nageria can hop onto his shoulder. "I think it's best that we join your friend's last class."

He let me go first out the door of the library. Nageria sitting on his shoulder and looking around like he does. A chill ran down my spine. As if someone was watching me intensely with deep seeded emotions. The shadow hadn't terrorized anyone the moment the guardians showed up.

It didn't take us long to reach Franklin's last class of the day. It so happened to be Shawn's too. Both looking at Jullian and I confused as they pushed back from each other. Their fencing swords dropping to their sids.

Franklin scooped up his towel and wiped his forehead. "I thought you'd be in the library the rest of the day."

Shawn didn't even wipe the sweat from his brow before he wrapped his arms around me being careful of the sword. Then he pulled back to look at Jullian. "Nothing has happened, did it?"

Jullian shook his head. "No, but I needed to bring her here so I may go to the hospital and see how Alexi is doing." He looked at me before walking over and placing Nageria on my shoulder. "I'm leaving my men here while I am gone."

"Give my prayers to Theo and our Headmistress." It wasn't the first time this has happened, Headmistress Alexi going into labor. But this is the first time Jullian was leaving me for it. He had been a bit of a nervous nelly the two times it did happen. After the last time, I insisted that if it happened again, he was to go and be with Theo. The other two times had been false alarms, but I knew she was going to have a real one this time.

He gave me a smiled. "As I was already planning on doing." Giving Nageria one more pet on her head, he turned and dashed out of the room nearly running. He looked just as anxious as if Headmistress Alexi was having his own child which was weird to think in and of itself. But he was a very good friend of theirs and got a bit closer as he's staying with them while here.

Shawn tugged me over to the side smiling at me. "Do you want to practice with me?" His hand slipped into mine as if it were so natural. "Please spare with me. I'd love to spend some time with you." His eyes looking at me expectantly.

But Nageria had other ideas. She hopped onto out joined hand and I laughed when she pooped on his hand. "Ew!" He rushed away as Franklin rolled around on the ground laughing clenching his stomach. I frowned at Nageria and she tilted her head to the side.