Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 32

Thirty-Two

The arms that wrapped around me was what I've needed after the last bit of time at Starr. These arms that was attached to my older brother. We may have talked nearly every night, but it was different having him actually here. Sitting on my bed. Holding me tight. Letting me know he would have preferred to be here for me and that I had him.

He pulled back and had a strained grin on his face. "You're graduating tomorrow." His hands in mine giving them a squeeze. "I'm very prod of you and you're valedictorian." Now he had a genuine smiled that showed pride. "The very top of your class!"

A snort that made me frown over to my computer chair. Zander was playing with my witchy angel doll I got for Christmas. He just gave me a cocky smirk. "As if our amazing Hope would do anything less. Have you not read her book?"

Rod laughed. "You're the one that snatched it from me when I was halfway through it." Shaking his head. "Well you please give it back now so I can finish it?"

Zander jutted out his lower lip. "But I love reading it over and over again."

I shook my head getting up and went over to my trunk that held all my stuff. Kneeling down, I opened it grabbing another bound manuscript. "Zander can keep that one." I walked back over to my brother and handed him the new one. "And Rod getting this one."

Zander beamed. "YES!" He pumped his fists in the air.

Nageria shook her head and she glided onto his knee. He smiled at her while she tilted her head to the side. "You trying to figure me out?"

A smiled lit my face when she hopped onto his chest and stared him down. "She's testing you to see what you will do next."

He smiled as he caressed her cheek. "I think she's perfect just like you." Nageria pulled back a little at his words and then laid against his chest. "Awe!" He cuddled Nageria as he popped his heels on the edge of the now deserted desk.

"So... Any plans for the summer?" Rod lounged across the foot of the bed that had been mine for the past three years. My manuscript in his hands flipping to the page he left off.

A shrug. "Franklin and I talked about it at length. Though he has one more year, he wants to spend the rest of what little time we could have together, well... together." I smiled joining my brother. My feet hanging off the edge. "We've discussed backpacking to the many wonders of our magical word."

Zander seemed to perk up more. "I want to join!"

I frowned again shaking my head. "Sorry, we want it to just be us. You'll both see me all next year, but he has me for one last summer before we both start school separately."

He gave a dramatic sigh. "But the summer is going to suck without you around."

Chuckling, I leaned against my brother's side. He placed his arm around me and cuddled more. Something I loved doing with my big brother whenever he was around. He was like a big teddy bear that was now buff with muscles now. Almost reminding me of a football player, though a bit leaner.

"You have me man. We'll find something to keep us entertained while you pine for my sister."

Zander glared at my brother before tossed the doll right at his head. I gasped as I reached out and caught it. "Don't you dare throw this doll." I held it tight to my chest just I had that sad day before the New Year.

His eyes closed as he realized what he had done. "I'm so sorry Hope, I wasn't thinking."

My brother through my manuscript onto the other side of the bed. "Change of subject. Hey Zander?" Zander looked at my brother. The look of pain still on his face from thinking of his late grandmother. "How about me and you go and beat up my baby sis's old counterpart." My brother shrugged as my frown deepened even more. "He hasn't stopped begging and deserves to be punished."