Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 4

Four

    My fingers were finishing the braid in my hair as I descended down the stairs. My steps slowing seeing the huge and beautiful villa we were in. It was so open and airy that it felt like it’s its own island on the island. The floors were a sand color large marble tiles. The furniture was sleek and modern. The fabrics of the furniture were cream in color while the wood and metal that support them were a rich reddish brown. Glass glimmered in the casts of light from the table tops and the shelves along the walls displaying little trinkets.

    Someone descended the stairs and wrapped their arms around me. “Pretty awesome place, right?”

    I smiled and hugged Franklin’s arms. “When they go all out, they love going all the way.”

    He started waggling and moving forward with me in his arms. I think Rod told him I cried when I saw the surf board and he must have thought I was getting emotional again. With how he was walking us into the open kitchen area, I couldn’t help laughing. He did know how to make me laugh with his antics.

    His mom smiled as we came into the eat in kitchen that had a huge spread of food along the bar top that over looked the kitchen. A woman I didn’t know, but assuming she was here to cook for us, stood next to the stove making some pancakes. When we came in, she turned and smiled at us before going back to her pancakes that were nearly done.

    Franklin took us over to the bar. “So what do you feel like this morning?”

    I bite my lip looking out across it all. “It looks all so good.”

    He chuckled releasing me and grabbing two plates. “Then have a bit of each.” He handed me a plate before he started placing things on his. I followed his lead and started piling food on my own plate while taking a bite out of a few strawberries along the way. Even thanking the cook when she placed a few freshly made pancakes on my plate while telling Franklin that he’ll have the next batch as he’s had his first already.

    When Dan showed up, I found out that the cook was his mother. They were so cute as he came in and kissed her cheek. She even teased him saying he needed to eat something and laughed with him as he came over to us. He was smiling brightly. “Did you all have a good night’s sleep?”

    We all smiled at him. “I know little Hope was out till ten this morning so comfortable in her bed.” Franklin grinned at me before he took another bite of his pancakes. His third helping from what I hear.

    I bumped his shoulder. “You didn’t have to tell.” Franklin just chuckled and tried to rough up my hair.

    Dan laughed pulled a chair out and set his padfolio onto the table. “I take it you’re brother and sister?”

    Franklin and I looked at each other smiling. I shook my head. “Nah. He’s just my best friend who I call my brother from another mother.” Rod and Franklin’s parents laughed as Dan smiled too. He thought it was cute.

    Rod looped his arm around my neck. “I’m her brother.”

    Dan nodded. “I’ve been corrected.” He opened his padfolio. “As there is a lot of activities you all may participate in, I’ve taken the liberty of making these folders for you all. They just have the events going on and their descriptions with locations. I can arranged the details for any you wish to participate in.”

    He spent the next hour going over what he gave us. There were even information about parties that are open and their different ‘status’ as to the guests invited. Some were by reservation only. Dan assured us that those were even opened to us as long as we give him a day’s notice to connect his connections.