Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 17

Seventeen

"If you need me to come right back, just call. I'll run every light here so you don't have to worry one more second about being around your family."

I leaned over and gave Zander a sweet kiss on his cheek. "I doubt it will be that bad. I do have my big brother on my side now as he knows way I was so strange growing up. He knows the real me."

Zander took my hand and gave it a kiss. "And that does make me feel better. I'll be back to pick you up at four if you don't call first for either a ride or to tell me just a little longer."

My eyes went to the house we were parked in front of. My head nodding as I took a breathe. My anxiety rising just a bit when I saw Derek and Milly walked outside together talking animatedly. The first thought popping into my head was that they were plotting something. Most likely about me.

Zander gave my hand a squeeze. "You're stronger now then you were before Starr Academy. Don't start thinking like you used to. Things are different even if they have no clue."

A heavy sigh. "I know." Shaking my head. "Just too many years of them beating me down mentally."

"I know gorgeous. Stay by your big brother and he'll help you if they try anything." He then lifted his phone up and wiggled it. "As I am one sneaky guy, I just texted him right now."

My bottom lip pouted out. "How do you have his number?"

He gave me his cocky smirk. "I have my ways." A shrug. "I also wanted to see if I could help him with his elements now that he knows of them." Another shrug. "We've been hanging out every so often at a club for our kind."

I chuckled. "Are you corrupting my big brother?"

Zander smirked more as he shrugged. "Just hanging with my boy."

A knock on the glass startled me and made me jump as a yelp came out. Then both Zander and I were laughing. My big brother shook his head as he opened my door. "Thanks for the heads up man."

Zander gave yet another shrug. "No problem. Just watch out for her." He jerked his chin toward the house and we both looked where he was looking. "I don't have a good feeling about those two."

Rod nodded. "They've been plotting for the past two days." He looked back at Zander. "Don't worry, Hope's got me looking out for her." My brother wrapped an arm around my shoulders and hugged me one armed. "I'll always watch out for her and make up for the years I hadn't."

I wrapped my arms around my big brother's chest and squeezed him. I loved my big brother and cherished having him now. To know he was here for me and learning what I knew.

"I'll see you later Hope." Zander gave me a wink before he left in his beautiful porsche.

Rod gave me another squeeze. "Lets get inside. I've got a deck of cards all ready for us to start a game." He grimaced. "Stan is here and being his cheery self."

"Oh boy." I rolled my eyes knowing exactly what that meant.

"That's right sis. Aren't you just so happy to be with family this thanksgiving?!" His sarcasm thick as he faked delight. All the while pulling me quickly passed the two who gave me dark looks.

I laughed letting Rod actually lighten my mood. "Only because I have a big brother like you." And I had meant every word. He was the only real blood family who had mattered to me right now. The only one knowing the truth about everything and I could share everything with.

He smiled down at me helping me out of my coat. "Ahh, you're getting mushy on me."

I playfully punched his shoulder. "Not too mushy."