Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 23

Twenty-Three

Rolling over onto my side on my bed, my forehead scrunched up. I peeked my eyes opened and groaned. The whole surface of my bed was filled with the heads of orchids. I only know on person that would do this today.

Marek.

With a heavy sigh, I sat up and my shoulders sank more. Red rose pedals were scattered all over my floor as if I was a goddess. The only person I could think of was Shawn who would do this. He had been bouncing in his seat yesterday for today.

What was today?

I scrubbed my face because I didn't know how I wanted to feel. It was Valentine's Day. On the one hand, I was happy to see today because of the joy others would be feeling. But then there was that part of me that was sad because it was a hard reminder of what happened last year with my first boyfriend.

There was a knock on my door and I frowned more. "Come in." I threw my bedding off and pulled my robe on. The groan that was in my throat tried everything to come out. My robe wasn't the one I had bought for myself. Nope. Someone had sneakingly switched it with a very expensive silk one. A white silk robe with a red swirl pattern along the sleeves and the hem.

Danielle came in with a frown. Her eyes trailing all over my room. "Damn girl. You're getting the royal treatment and you don't even have a boyfriend."

I huffed as I got up. "Can I ask not to get the royal treatment?"

She laughed as she flopped down on my bed. Her hand scooping up the flowers. "Just go with it sweetie. It will be just for today and then they will go back to normal."

I frowned at her opening my wardrobe. "I'd rather watch you getting showered than me." Then I smiled as flicked my wrist. A small breeze drifted up off the floor carrying pedals with it. The breeze only existed long enough to let the pedal rain down on her.

Danielle smiled as she closed her eyes. "This is what I'd like." She looked a me. "Only if I was dating you. I could get used to being showered with rose pedals today." Her eyebrows wiggled. "Very romantic."

Giggling, I turned to my wardrobe. Now I had a frown back. A single outfit hung in front of everything. It was very beautiful. When I touched it, the fabric shimmered beautifully. A little card hung from a button on the front. Taking the card off the button, I read it and smiled at who sent the outfit.

Hey gorgeous,

I hope you like this outfit. I just had to get you something for today and knew you didn't want anything normal. That just isn't you. When I saw this outfit last week, I knew this was the perfect gift.

Happy Valentine's Day,

Zander

"At least someone really knows me." I pulled out the outfit and held it against my front looking at myself in the mirror. "What do you think Danielle?"

She smiled. "I think it is perfect for you." Her eyebrow went up. "Which one of your suitors sent you that gift?"

"Zander."

"Ohh... Are you getting more smitten by him?" She cupped her cheek. "He certainly knows you very well."

"I like him, but I don't know if I have romantic feelings for him. He doesn't push for anything. Just plays around with me sometimes when I'm around."

"I think he has the better way to forge a relationship with you."

I pouted at her. "Danielle."

She shrugged. "Just pointing out that he's doing better waiting than Marek is." She scooped more orchids and held them up to me shaking her head. "The fool thinks this will soften you up. How wrong he is for still doing this. You needs friends right now and not a painful reminder."