16) Arranged Dilemma

This Chapter is dedicated to Rmsha21.

She recently started writing a book; ‘The Summer Fling’ which I have to admit is amazing!

Check her out.

Now Enjoy Reading.

Emma PoV.

I woke up the next day and descended the stairs after finishing my morning chores. Adrian was sitting on the kitchen table Sipping coffee. 

"Good Morning!" I exclaimed cheerily.  

For some reason I felt....happy? Happy in a way I haven't felt in a really long time.

"What's so good about this morning?" Adrian asked grudgingly.

Ok someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Ok seriously what's up? There's something on your mind since you came here and it's time you tell me what it is." I demanded, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Well for starters I have a killer hangover!" She screamed clutching her head. It actually frightened me a bit. "And mom called a while ago...." She mumbled looking at her lap.

And something told me this wasn't the first time she called since she came here. 

Adrian's father was a congressman. Her mom was a notable person in high society. Growing up Adrian was always condemned to do what seemed good on for the ‘family image’. When other kids used to play hopscotch with their friends, Adri was performing ballet at political events and gatherings. When other kid’s were going to Frat parties Adrian was helping with campaign elections. When other kid’s were going on dates with their boyfriend’s, Adrian was asked to make appearances to events with stuck up bratty son’s on rich industrialists who sponsored her father’s campaigns.

Therefore, when Adrian voiced her desire to become a model her parents were very against it. Her mom had even told her that if she even thought about it one more time her parents would break all contacts with her. Adrian had then had enough and decided to leave. She came to L.A. and established herself as a successful model. No doubt she had to face a lot of hardships but Adrian was good in what she good in what she was doing. But since then she had never contacted her parents. Her father had tried to get in touch with her a ton of times, but she refused saying ‘if he couldn’t defend her then, what’s the point now.’

When she had told Spencer and me about all this, we had been more than shocked. I still remember how silent tears flowed down her face. She says how she doesn’t miss them and how she’s glad she stays away from them, but we know better. Hence when she told me her mom had called I was shell shocked to say the least.

“What? When? Why?” I asked as I pulled a chair near her.

“You just need a reason to be close to me right?” Adrian wriggled her eyebrows pointing at the little distance between us.

I immediately took a step back and faked a smile, “Happy?”

“You didn’t have to. I mean I know you’re attracted to me and all-“

“Adri!” I yelled to make her stop.

“Ok. Sorry.” She said poking her tongue at me before getting all serious. “Actually Em, meeting you wasn’t the only reason I came here.”

“What do you mean?”

“Mom and dad are in L.A.” She replied sighing, but instead of erasing my queries her reply only raised a few more.  What were parents doing in L.A.? Why did she seem so sad about it? Did she come here to run away from them?