Chapter 19

"A Smooth Sea Never Made A Skilled Sailor"

Astrid's P.O.V

"Not like this." I bit my lip and closed my eyes, which gave me a second to think of a better response. In the end, I didn't have a witty reply. I just blurted the truth.

"You're driving me insane..." I whispered while opening my eyes and allowing us to keep eye contact. This response only seemed to make Carter content. A radiant smile was plastered to his face.

"Then, I'm doing something right." He replied. I let out a groan. That's the second time he's interrupted a kiss. When will be the perfect moment for him?

I thought back to when he first came to Riverbank. I remember telling myself over and over, not the fall for the cheeky boy in converse, but I think I did. I don't know why I'm so shocked by this, the only promises I've ever broken were the ones that I made to myself.

--------------------------------------------

"You can't miss out on an opportunity like this." My Mother and Harlow replied in unison. I had just told them all about the whole 'modeling' trip, and they both thought that I should go.

"You'll still be able to go to the beach with us, right?" Harlow inquired.

"Yes, I'd only be leaving Friday night," I answered while crossing my right leg over my left.

"I'd love for you to go, it would be such a great experience. The decision is yours." My Mum told me.

"Thank you," I said while pulling out my phone.

To: Carter

Tell your Mum that I can go.

After I had pressed send, I let my phone rest on my lap. I quickly re-entered the conversation my Mother and Har were having. However, I had to exit soon since Carter had replied.

From: Carter

Excellent, I can't wait. x

I let out a soft sigh before thinking of a suitable reply.

To: Carter

No, no more x's.

My response must've amused him since it took him only a few seconds to respond.

From: Carter

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I rolled my eyes, completely unaware that I was being watched intently by Harlow.

To: Carter

Crucio.

From: Carter

Well, I think the cruciatus curse was a bit harsh, don't you?

To: Carter

Perhaps it wasn't harsh enough...

From: Carter

That's it. I'm taking you to Azkaban; with the Dementors.

To: Carter

No, not the Dementors!

From: Carter

Well, maybe you shouldn't have used one of the three unforgivable curses...

To: Carter

Don't make me use the killing curse.

From: Carter

I'd like to see you try.