Chapter 14

"Ordinary day."

Astrid's P.O.V 

I continued to dig through my locker for my Ancient History textbook. I honestly didn't want to be at school, others are probably excited since it's Thursday. However, I was tired of being stuck in a building full of people who didn't like me. Honestly, I didn't care much for them either.

"Did you eat this morning?" A deep voice questioned as I locked my locker.

"I did," I answered with a giant smile. Carter gave me a quick high five before smiling.

"Your class is that way," I told him while pointing in the opposite direction.

"I'm walking you to yours." He answered.

"That's sweet but, you don't have to," I replied. He just shrugged as we continued to swerve through the crowd. I couldn't even count how many dirty looks I got but, I try not to let those things get to me.

"Wow, does that always happen to you? It feels horrible." Carter spoke after remaining silent for a few seconds.

"Yeah, it's become a part of my daily routine. I barely notice it anymore." I responded.

"Well, you shouldn't be treated-" He began but, he was cut off by a girl with wavy brown hair pulling him away. A group of people all circled Carter... like always. They pulled him in the opposite direction, but he looked back over his shoulder at me numerous times. I smiled and waved before I walked into the Ancient History class.

"Any plans over break?" Harlow questioned as I sat next to her.

"We should make plans before Carter kidnaps me," I told her.

"Don't pretend you don't like being with him." She started. "I even like you hanging around with him because he positively affects you," Har added with a grin.

"I still need time to be with you, though." I cut in.

"Well, of course... I can't wait till today is over. Then one week free." She replied.

"Har, it's only Thursday," I responded.

"Yeah." She said while making a hand gesture as if she wasn't catching on.

"Tomorrow is Friday," I added.

"Yeah." She continued.

"A school week is from Monday to Friday," I explained.

"Astrid... We have tomorrow off." Har stated. I immediately facepalmed.

"REALLY?" I inquired with an enormous smile.

"Ms. Linnea, I know it's the last day before the break but, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't scream." Our teacher called. That confirmed it. We did have an extra day off. I couldn't hold back my smile. I was already 700% done with this week, and finding out that I didn't have to deal with tomorrow was enough to brighten my entire day.

--------------------------

"Well, aren't you in a good mood?" Carter asked while sliding into the seat next to me. We were currently in our third period math class waiting for the teacher to walk in. She was always late but, I'm pretty sure nobody minded. Vicky entered with her entourage as she took the seat in front of Carter. My smile slowly faded although, I was still quite content.

"No, keep smiling. It was so cute." He stated. My mouth flew open and, Vicky shot me a death glare from over her shoulder but, when she noticed she wasn't getting a reaction out of me, she turned around and continued listening in on our conversation.