Chapter 7

"When friends turn into enemies, who do you turn to?"

Astrid's P.O.V

The familiar scent of paint-filled my nostrils. I continued to make even strokes on the canvas. Harlow doesn't have much to say to me anymore; she never does. She usually texts Jayden, wow, shocker. I can't stand being in the cafeteria with my "friends" at lunch. I now eat in the bathroom. I put quotation marks around the word friends for a reason. Real friends wouldn't push you out of their life, act like you don't exist, and leave you feeling completely ignored. I know Jayden and Harlow are in a relationship, but Aiden has no reason to treat me like an air particle. This week was one of the worst weeks ever. The only good part of this week was that I gained twenty followers on Tumblr, and I skateboarded home with Carter every day. I bought a skateboard, so now; we both skate instead of him pulling me. I have a very eventful life, don't I? Note the sarcasm.

"You shouldn't ignore Aiden like that." Harlow broke the silence, and, for the first time, she said something that wasn't about Jayden. However, once I heard what she said, all I wanted was for it to be about Jay. Every word she uttered infuriated me. I say things that I don't mean when I'm angry so, it's probably not the best decision for me to respond to Harlow.

"He's the one ignoring me," I stated with close to no emotion. I was going to lose Aiden as a friend; that was obvious.

"Stop being so immature. If he's ignoring you, it doesn't give you the right to ignore him." She told me. Aren't your friends supposed to make you feel better? Not wholly fill you with rage?

"I'm immature? Are you freaking kidding me, Har? He's the one who kissed me, then left me and is ignoring me. Don't you think that I tried to talk to him? Well, I did. He just completely cut me off. Don't pin this whole dilemma on me when I'm the only one who's trying." I argued. With my last word, the bell sounded. Harlow had her mouth open as if she was about to talk. It seemed important, but I couldn't bear hearing anything more about him.

"Save it. I don't want to hear how much of a 'horrible' friend I am." I interrupted before putting my canvas on a table to dry and cleaning the brushes.

-----------------------

"Here we are. See you around." Carter waved before he took off on his skateboard. I was home. It was officially the weekend. What an eventful week. I wanted nothing more than to go inside and sleep. I went against what my body wanted. I hopped on the board and hurried to catch up to him.

"You're getting good at that." He stated.

"What can I say? I'm a natural..." I joked.

"Of course, I had nothing to do with it at all..."

"Nope, not at all." I continued with a smile. His orbs locked with mine.

"Look, I know I'm completely going to get shot down for this but, do you want to watch a movie at my house?" He questioned. I watched a glimmer of hope flicker across his eyes as he asked this. Any typical day I would've shot down the new kid without a second thought but, he was growing on me. He didn't seem so bad anymore. Besides, I could use a friend. I needed at least one since I guess I sort of walk alone now. I don't think my friends want anything to do with me because, in their eyes, I was ignoring Aiden.

"Sure," I whispered.

"Wait, what was that? Did you actually agree to spend time with me? Can you say it once more?" He inquired with a wide smile. I have to admit, seeing him smile a great feeling; he had such a goofy laugh. I rolled my eyes, let out a chuckle, and then told him what he wanted to hear.

"Yes, Daniels. I agree to hang out with you. It's not that big of a deal."

"It's a big deal. You used to avoid me at any cost." He mentioned.