Chapter 42

OWENS POV
Amelia fell back asleep next to me. I love her so much. I've missed her so much and I'm glad I'm back. I ran my hand up and down her side and she rolled over. She smiled. I kissed her softly and hugged her.
"I missed you so much," I said.
"I missed you more," she said. She cuddled into me. She put her head on my chest. She moved her hand onto my chest. I put my hand on top of hers. I haven't told her I was shot. It damage anything. But the bullet is still there. I don't want her to find out.
"What's wrong," she asked.
"Nothing," I said. She sat up and looked at me.
"Owen," she said. She lifted my shirt. I know she saw it.
"Oh my god," she said.
"I'm okay," I said.
"Get your coat I'm taking you to the hospital," she said.
"It doesn't hurt," I said, "let me sleep we can go tomorrow." She crossed her arms and looked at me. I knew she was going to be stubborn. I got up and grabbed my coat.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.
"I didn't want to worry you, and people live with bullets in them all the time," I said.
"Get in the truck," she said.
"You mad?" I asked.
"No," her voice broke.
"Come here," I said. I knew she was about to cry. I hugged her tightly.
"You could have died," she cried.
"I could have, but I didn't," I said in her ear.
"I love you," she said.
"I love you too," I said.
-
AMELIAS POV
I made Owen get the bullet out. I'm worried if he left it in it could get infected or cause damage to anything. April had to preform a quick surgery to get the bullet out. I heard the door open.
"Hey," Owen said.
"Done?" I asked.
"Yeah, I just have to put a bandage over it and I'm all set to go," he said.
"Okay," I said.
-
I laid in bed with Owen. He had his arm around me.
"I'm sorry," he said.
"For what," I asked.
"About the bullet, for not telling you," he said.
"It's okay, I can't even imagine how scared it would be to tell me," I laughed.
"And what is that supposed to mean?" He laughed.
"I'm just too stubborn sometimes," I laughed.
"Yeah but it's cute," he leaned in and kissed me.