Chapter 20

OWENS POV
She opened the door and was ready.
"Coffee?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said. She kissed my cheek and made coffee. I got ready and she was on her phone in the kitchen. I walked by and kissed her head.
"Morning," she said.
"Morning honey," I said grabbing my cup.
"Ready," she asked grabbing her coat.
"Yeah," I said grabbing the keys. We got in the truck and she smiled at me.
"What?" I laughed.
"Tomorrow we get to find out if we're going to have Emma or Derek!" She smiled.
"Yep," I said as I kissed her. I drove us to work. Amelia got out and smiled at me.
"Bye I love you," she said leaning across her seat and kissing me.
"Bye love you too," I said getting out. She rushed in.
AMELIAS POV
I have a surgery with Edwards. It was a quick surgery, only 2 hours. I ran into Owen in the hall.
"Hey," I stopped walking.
"What's up," he said.
"Just finished a 2 hour surgery, my back hurts," I said. He put his arm around me and walked down the hall.
"You busy?" He asked.
"No," I smiled.
"Wanna call a board meeting and tell everyone our news?" He asked.
"Sure chief hunt," I smiled. My pager went off.
"Meeting later," I said walking away.
"Okay Dr.Shepherd," he said as I turned the corner. Edwards met me down in trauma.
"Okay Edwards what do we have?" I said.
"15 year old female, head lac, critical condition," she said.
"Okay, get her to OR 3 I'll meet you up there," I said. She pushed her out. I ran up and scrubbed quick. The bleed was so bad I don't think I can save her. Edwards and I tried but the bleed was too deep and the wound was too bad. I stopped and looked at Edwards.
"Time of death, 8:36," I said and ripped off my gloves. I walked out and walked down the hall.
I saw Owen.
"Not today," I walked past him.
"Okay, Amelia wanna talk?" He said. I kept walking.
"Amelia?" He said.
"Yeah?" I turned around.
"What happened?" He said.
"I just killed a 15 year old girl," I said. I turned the corner and kept walking.
"Amelia wait," he said walking after me. I turned around with tears in my eyes.
"Come here," he said opening the on call room door and grabbing my arm. He locked the door and hugged me tightly.
"Want me to go talk to the family?" He asked.
"Please," I said. He kissed my head.
"Derek died of a head lack," I said quietly.
"I know," he hugged me and leaned his head into mine.
OWENS POV
Amelia is so upset right how. I hugged her tightly and she looked up at me.
"I'm such an emotional mess all the time," she said walking around the room.
"No you're not," I said.
"Yes I am," she sat down on one of the beds and looked at me.
"Oh my god I love you so much," she got up and kissed me. I lifted her up and she hugged me tightly.
"Board meeting tomorrow morning," I said.
"Okay," she said.
"Is your shift almost over?" I asked.
"I have one more 3 hour surgery and I'm done," she said.
"Okay," I said. I leaned in and kissed her one more time.