Chapter 7

AMELIAS POV
I woke up in Owens arms. He was running his fingers through my hair.
"Good morning beautiful," he said and kissed my lips.
"Did I fall asleep on you?" I said sitting up, "my
head hurts."
"Want some breakfast honey?" He asked.
"Morning, and yeah," I said.
"You don't have to go to work today if you don't want, we can take the day off," he said softly as he kissed my head.
"I'll be strong today," I said.
"Like a superhero," he smiled.
"Like a freakin superhero," I smiled. I got up and got changed. I grabbed Owens hand and went downstairs.
"Hey, good morning," Maggie said in her super sympathetic voice.
"I'm fine really I swear, I just needed a day off," I said.
"Glad you're back," Meredith said.
"Thanks," I said. Owen wrapped his arms around me.
"I love you," he whispered in my ear.
"Love you too," I said kissing him.
"Hey children around!" Meredith said as she threw a magazine at us.
"Fine I'll see you later!" I grabbed Owens hand and he unlocked his truck. I kissed him so passionately.
"I'm so sorry about yesterday," I said in between kisses.
"Hey, we all have those days," he said as he kissed me more.
"Is she still at the hospital?" I said quietly.
"Yeah," Owen said kissing my head.
"Edwards covered that right," I said.
"Yeah she did," Owen put his arm around me, "take it easy today okay?"
"I will," I said leaning into him.
"I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I kissed his cheek, "I made a mess out of myself yesterday." I put my face in my hands.
"You did not, we all have bad days," he tried to make me feel better.
"Gosh Owen I tried to kill myself!" I said too loudly. We both froze. "I'm gonna go," I got out of his truck and ran inside.
"Amelia?" Meredith said from the kitchen. I looked out the window and saw Owen drive away. I walked into the kitchen.
"Where's Owen?" Maggie said, I wanted to cry, she hugged me tight. "What happened." I started crying.
"Talk to us Amelia," Mer said running my back.
"I-I yelled at Owen, and it was bad," I sat at the kitchen table. I put my head down and cried. They both rubbed my back.
"Did he leave?" Mer asked.
"I think so," I mumbled.
"Did he break up with you?" Maggie rubbed my back.
"No, I don't think so," I said quietly.
"Need a ride?" Maggie asked.
"Yeah," I said. I put my jacket on and I walked to the car with them.
"Where's the kids?" I said.
"Still at daycare," Mer said. I got in the backseat.
"What if we're done? What if I just messed up my life again?" I slouched down.
"Amelia he loves you, sometimes you just need a little time apart, I'm sure you'll be okay," Mer said.
"Yeah, Amelia it's your first fight, people have fights but if you love each other you can get through it," Maggie said. I curled up in the backseat and stared out the window. We pulled up to the hospital. I told Owen I would be strong today. I sat up and got out. Strong. I'll be strong. I changed and saw Owen in the hallway. I walked past him and didn't say anything. I wanted to walk up to him and kiss him and I wanted him to wrap his arms around me and tell me everything was okay.
OWENS POV
I saw Amelia in the hall. She looked so sad. I wanted to run up to her and pick her up and kiss her. She was breaking and I want to be there for her. She walked past and looked at me quick and looked at the ground. I wanted to go after her.
AMELIAS POV
I went through my day and avoided room 2247. I was finishing charts and paperwork and I saw Owen again. I looked down at my paperwork and waited for him to pass. I think Bailey noticed the tension.
"Shepherd what's wrong?" she said coming over to me.
"I really don't want to talk about it," I said.
"Are you and Hunt okay?" she said.
"I don't know," I walked away.
-
My shift was almost over. I found Owen in his office. I sat down and he looked up.
"Hey," I looked down.
"Amelia look at me," I looked up.
"Are we over?" I said.
"I don't want us to be," he said. He grabbed my hand and held it.
"I don't want us to be over either," I said.
"Did you have a crappy day?" Owen asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Let me show you something," he said. He put his arm around me. He brought me upstairs to Peds. They have this dog kennel set up for the kids up there. Owen opened the door.
"Omg they're so cute!" I ran towards to dogs. Owen crouched down next to me. I started petting the dogs. He lifted one of the dogs up and into my arms. My face lit up. I pet the dogs and let a couple run around the room. Eventually it got late so Owen lifted the dogs back in and we left.
"Thank you," I said as I hugged him tightly.
"You're welcome Amelia," he said. He leaned down and kissed me.
"I love you," I said.
"Love you too," he hugged me and kissed his head.
"Can we spend the night at Mer's if you want just so I can see the kids," I asked.
"Sure," he said. He held my hand and walked us out to his truck. Mer and Maggie should already be home with the kids. I unlocked the door.
"Aunt Amelia!" Bailey said as he ran up towards me. I lifted him up and gave him a hug.
"Hi Owen," he said. I kissed Baileys head and carried him into the kitchen.
"Mommy Owen and Aunt Amelia are here!" He said.
"Hey guys!" Meredith said.
"Will you tuck me in bed I'm tired," Bailey said.
"Sure I can!" I said. I carried him upstairs. I tucked him in bed and kissed his forehead.
"Can you read me a book?" He asked.
"Sure buddy," I said. I picked up one of his books and read it to him. After I finished I gave him a hug and closed the door. I walked downstairs.
"Was he good for you?" Meredith asked.
"Yeah," I smiled.
"I'm glad you're happy," she said and hugged me, "are you crashing here tonight?"
"Yeah," I hugged her back, "I'm gonna go upstairs good night."
"Night," she said. Owen put his arm around me and we walked upstairs.
"Owen I'm tired can you carry me?" I laughed.
"Anything for you," he smiled and I got on his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I love you," I said softly.
"Love you too," he said.
He carried me up the stairs and I got off and crawled into bed.
"Good night Owen," I said drifting off.
"Good night Amelia," he said. I felt him pull the covers over us and he kissed my cheek.
"Mmm," I rolled over.
OWENS POV
Amelia was so cute. She rolled over and I pulled her close to me. She was already passed out. She looked so peaceful.
-
I woke up to Amelia's alarm going off. She hit snooze and rolled back over.
"Amelia time to get up," I said and kissed her cheek.
"I'm sleeping," she groaned.
"Amelia," I said softly.
"Sleeping," she rolled over into me.
"Honey you have to get up," I said rubbing her back.
"5 minutes," she said. Her alarm clock went off again. She sat up.
"Okay I'm up," she looked at me, "morning."
"Good morning," I said.
"Sleep is so nice," she laid back down.
"Amelia," I said, "I will tickle you."
"Sleep," she said. I tickled her stomach.
"Ahh stop Owen," she laughed. She sat up again.
"I'm up for real," she said kissing me.
"Good morning," I said. She smiled at me.
"Good morning," she said getting up, "want coffee?"
"Sure," I got up and threw a shirt on.
"Sleep," she said looking at the bed.
"No," I laughed.
"Fine," she said, "gosh it's so early." I looked at the clock. It was 4am.
"Hey we're on call this morning, which means we get the afternoon off," I said.
"Yeah," she smiled.
"Coffee?" I said.
"Yeah," she said.