Chapter 3

disclaimer:
picture-
left- Maggie middle- Meredith right- Amelia

AMELIAS POV
Owen drove us to the hospital. I got out and Owen kissed my cheek.
"See you tonight?" I said.
"See you tonight," he said. I went into work. I had a few surgeries. I had to discharge a few patients. I got most of my paper work done and I was so tired. I opened the door to an on call room and I saw Owen sleeping. I closed the door quietly and locked it. I laid down next to him. He started to stir.
"Hey, I like waking up to this," he said kissing me, "I really love you."
"I love you too," I said kissing him.
"Want to hangout at my place tonight?" He asked.
"Sure," I said. I leaned in to kiss him and my pager went off. I kissed him quick and looked at my pager. Ugh 9-1-1.
"See you after my shift," I said. I got up and ran down to trauma 1. There was a kid with a gunshot wound to the head. I ran as fast as I could to get a consult. They brought him up to the OR, I took a quick look at the films. I bolted to the OR and scrubbed as quick as possible. I had to save this kid.
"I need suction!" I told Jo. I couldn't save this kid. His brain was already to swollen and damaged too much. He was brain dead.
"Time of death, 13:47," I said ripping my gloves off and walked out. I saw Owen in the hall.
"Hey," he said.
"Not now," I stormed passed him. I found an on call room and locked the door. I started crying. I have to go tell a mother and father that their 9 year old is dead. I got up drank water and whipped my face. I walked out and met the parents.
"I'm very sorry Mr&Mrs.Robinson, with all our best efforts, we could not save your son," I said. Mrs.Robinson hugged me and cried. I felt so bad. She eventually let go and I said my goodbyes and left. I walked down the hall to get my paper work and I saw Owen.
"I'm sorry I-I lost a patient, a kid, GSW to the head," I said to him.
"It's okay, let me drive you home," he said.
"I have paper work," I said.
"I'm the chief do it tomorrow," he smiled.
"Well if u insist," I said smiling. He put his arm around me. He walked us out to the car.
"can we go back to your place," I said softly, "I'm just really emotional right now and I want to be with you."
"Of course," he said. He drove us to his trailer. I got out and he wrapped his arms around me. I started crying.
"Its not fair that kid died," I said.
"I know, I know, I'm sure you did everything you could," he said softly.
"I tried to save him but the suction wasn't working and there was so much swelling and blood and his heart rate was dropping and his heart was failing and the bullet traveled into his brain and-" I was cut off by Owens warm lips meeting mine. His arms went around my waist and he held me close.
"Amelia Shepherd I love you," he said in between kisses.
"I love you too Owen Hunt," I said.