112 -1x12

It had been a week since Eira came back to the French Quarter of New Orleans. In that time, everyone was moving on from the failed Harvest ritual.

      Eira giggled as she laid in bed in the morning and she lazily tried to push Klaus away, who was kissing her neck with light, feathery kisses and making her ticklish. "Klaus, stop...," she started to laugh.

    Klaus stopped and looked at her, his face showing amusement, "You were never this ticklish when I kissed you before."

     "That's because your kissing me with a featherlight touch and it tickles," Eira explained. "Now, get up. You have a meeting with the vampires, remember?"

  "I'd much rather stay with you," Klaus looked at her carefully and then looked down towards her stomach. "Plus, I get to admire your newly formed condition."

    "Condition? That's what you're calling it," Eira gave him a pointed look.

       One of Klaus's hands gently rubbed over her stomach that held a slight bump, "Your beautiful, fragile condition. Yes, that's what I'm calling it."

     "You're starting to show now," Klaus continued and then he smirked, trailing his fingers across her skin. "Well, only you and I can see it."

     Eira rolled her eyes and pushed him away, and this time he budged. She got up from her comfy position covered in blankets and she immediately felt cold only wearing a tank top and shorts. She wrapped her arms around herself.

"I'm taking a shower and before you ask, it's a no. You're not showering with me," Eira said as she walked towards the bathroom and Klaus groaned, clearly upset with her answer.

____________________

    After about a hour, most of the vampires were in the courtyard waiting on Klaus who called them there. Marcel walked down the stairs of the compound with a bottle of bourbon in his hand and Diego saw him.

    "Hey, Marcel, maybe you know what's going on. Klaus ordered us to meet here, and now he's a no-show," Diego said to Marcel.

      "What do you want from me? It's a new regime. Get used to it," Marcel said, quite rudely as he was still frustrated and upset over Davina's death. He walked over to a table and sat down just as Klaus walked in with Thierry.

    "Dearest brethren, your attention, please. No doubt, you're all surprised to see Thierry Vanchure, who's supposed to be rotting in the Garden for the crime of killing one of our own, and I personally decided to issue him with a pardon. I hope you'll all welcome home Thierry," Klaus announced to the vampires.

    Thierry reunited with his fellow vampire friends while Klaus walked over to the table Marcel was sitting at. Klaus had a grin on his face and Marcel took note.

     "You're in a good mood," Marcel stated and looked up towards the second floor of the courtyard where Eira was on the balcony of the second floor. "Maybe you should spend more time with Eira. You're engaged to her now."

    "Congrats, by the way," Marcel raised his bottle of bourbon to a toast. "I didn't think you were the marrying type."

     "No one is the marrying type until they find a certain someone whose affections is the only thing they want to have," Klaus explained, looking up at Eira who was walking down the stairs of the compound.

    "And as much as I'd might like to spend all my time with Eira, I have pressing responsibilities here," Klaus said and then he addressed the vampires. "Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us. Without Davina, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors. However, since their Harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes. Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron."

Diego smiled and he addressed the other vampires, "Let's do it." And they all too eagerly followed Diego to give the witches a hard time.

Eira came down the stairs from the second floor of the compound when the vampires were leaving. Klaus developed a frown after Marcel didn't go with the vampires, disappointed that Marcel hadn't got out of his depressing mourning for Davina.

    Eira came up to Klaus, noticing his frown and she wrapped her arms around his torso in a hug. She rested the side of her head against his chest. Klaus kissed the top of her head, his mood immediately springing to a livelier one in her presence.

     "Was there something that you needed, love?" Klaus questioned as he had his arms wrapped around her.

    "I can't just hug you because I want to hug you?" Eira said and Klaus grinned.

    "You can," Klaus answered and then pulled away from her. "But you're going to have to occupy yourself by doing something else."

    Eira sighed as Klaus walked away from her, but Klaus stopped and turned around. He looked at her and spoke again, "And you're not to leave this compound without someone accompanying you."

"Okay," Eira agreed, thinking of all the bad things that happened whenever she went somewhere alone.

Klaus left and a voice startled her, making her jump, "Nik is so in love with you. I've never seen him so protective."

It was Kol and he slung his arm around her shoulders, "I would love to accompany you, darling. We can't have anything happening to you or the precious cargo. Plus, you've been cooped up in this compound for a week. It's about bloody time you went outside."

"Thanks, Kol," Eira smiled, walking towards the exit of the compound with him.

"The gratitude is appreciated, love," Kol smirked before being serious. "But not needed. You're family now."

__________________

Author's Note: I AM BACK!
It's been awhile, but I'm done with school. It's summer for me now so updates should come quicker. I know this is short chapter but I wanted to get something out and I'll have probably two updates tomorrow. I really want to get season one done, so yeah.