63 -3x18

Damon was watching over Alaric, at least that's what he told her and Stefan went with him. Damon revealed to Stefan the night before that there was still white oak left from the Wickery Bridge sign.

    Stefan was all for killing Klaus now that he broke Eira's heart. He wanted Klaus to suffer for hurting her and he would stop at nothing until he saw him dead for it.

    Damon of course wanted to kill Klaus because he had hurt his sister but he also wanted to kill him to protect Elena. He still loved her even though she got Eira hurt. He felt bad that loved her but he couldn't help it.

     Eira had forgiven Damon for defending Elena and doing all things for Elena. She understand now why he did it. Damon cared for Elena like she cared for Klaus and she couldn't hold his love for her against him.

     Eira was at home moping while Stefan, Damon, and Alaric were making stakes out of white oak at Alaric's apartment. Stakes that could kill Klaus. The person that she still cared deeply for.

    ________________

    Stefan and Damon sent a text to everyone except Eira for everyone to meet them in the woods. They wanted it to be a secret meeting so they could reveal the white oak stakes. The Salvatore brothers showed the stakes to Matt, Caroline, and Elena. Bonnie didn't come. Now they were going over scenarios to kill one of the Originals.

   "Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed and they are all linked, meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity," Stefan explained.

   "Scenario number one," Damon said and pulled Elena over to him. "You get to play Klaus."

   "Rebekah is our target so we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied," Stefan explained.

    "How are we gonna do that? Klaus and Eira aren't together anymore and she wouldn't want to hurt him," Caroline questioned.

   "We'll just tell Klaus that Eira is having a Romeo and Juliet attack of the heart. I'm sure that'll get him to come running," Damon said.

     After that they kept going over scenarios to make sure that they killed one of the Originals. They had twelve stakes and twelve chances to kill an Original.

    ________________

    It had been awhile and Damon and Alaric came home. They were quiet so they didn't alert Eira. Damon was hiding his stake in the fireplace in his room. Then they all heard a noise from downstairs.

    Damon went to go check it out and he was going down the stairs when Alaric was thrown down them and into a wall. Damon looked at him and then when he turned around he was stabbed with knife by Rebekah.

   "Hello lover," Rebekah greeted and drove the knife in further. Then Rebekah took him with her to torture him for fooling her.

   Eira had heard the noise and she went down the stairs to find Alaric passed out on the stairs with blood on his forehead. She ran to him and kneeled down next to him. She shook him and after a couple tries, he awoke.

   "Are you okay? What happened?" Eira questioned.

    Alaric sat himself up with Eira's help and Stefan came around the corner. "What the hell happened to you?"

   "Rebekah happened," Alaric answered, holding a hand to his forehead.

     Stefan and Eira brought Alaric to the couch in the parlor and they sent him down. Stefan went to leave and Eira grabbed his arm.