91

Eira opened her eyes. The first thing she saw was white. The more she blinked, the more her sight came into focus. She wasn't just seeing the color white, it was a white ceiling.

Her body slowly came back into consciousness and she could feel the ache of her bones. She was simply exhausted. Her hand felt something warm holding it. She moved her head to the side, causing the pillow behind her head to cause a shuffling sound.

Her vision took in Stefan, sleeping in a chair next to her. He was holding her hand. He was dressed in a tux from when he took Rebekah to the prom. Eira squeezed his hand, causing him to stir.

Eira's vision took in Damon sleeping in a chair against the wall. She moved her head around again, recognizing that she was in a unfamiliar room. Although, she had been in one just like it before. She was in a hospital room.

Stefan awoke and he rubbed his eyes with his free hand tiredly. Once he looked at Eira, his eyes widened and he was alive with energy. Stefan stood from the chair and he crushed her body in a hug, although it was a one sided hug because Eira wasn't expecting it.

"You're awake," Stefan stated in disbelief but then he smiled as he pulled away from her.

The commotion had caused Damon to wake up and he jumped from his seat. He came next to her bedside and his eyes analyzed her for any injuries or pains. He was also making sure he wasn't dreaming.

"You've been unconscious for three days," Damon stated with a pained expression. "We brought you to the hospital because we didn't....we didn't know what to do."

"Killing Silas drained me. I was just exhausted," Eira replied, trying to make her brothers feel better.

"Eira, if people are exhausted they go to sleep. You passed out and didn't wake up for three days," Stefan said.

"Then I guess, I was a little too drained. But I'm fine now," Eira said, sitting up a bit.

The door opened and Rebekah came in. She looked at Eira and she smiled. She held a plastic bag with a hanger that had clothes in it.

"I'm so glad you're awake," Rebekah said. "Stefan wouldn't leave your side and well...he smells horribly. He needs to change and take a shower. Immediately."

Eira smiled in amusement and she looked at Stefan who was glaring at Rebekah, playfully. Eira spoke,"Stefan, you can go home and come back later. I'm fine now."

Stefan sighed and he squeezed Eira's hand one last time before walking towards Rebekah and taking the bag of clothes from her. He kissed her cheek, said some unintelligible thing to Rebekah, and then he left. Damon rolled his eyes at Stefan and Rebekah.

Eira looked at Rebekah once Stefan left the room,"I'm sorry that you couldn't take the cure. Silas had it and well, it burned along with him."

Rebekah swiped her hand through the air and walked towards Eira,"Nonsense. The cure means nothing to me, anymore."

Rebekah reached Eira's bedside and Eira put her hand on Rebekah's arm in comfort,"But I want you to get everything you want in life, Rebekah. You deserve it."

A bright, white light lit up on Eira's hand, engulfing it in a white glow. Eira took her hand off Rebekah's arm, but from where Eira touched her, that part of her arm was engulfed in a white glow. The glow traveled from Rebekah's arm, encasing the part of her body it traveled in a white light until it reached her stomach and then it completely disappeared.

"What the hell was that?" Damon questioned.

"I don't know," Eira answered.

"We never know what you can do," Rebekah said. "You killed Silas, a true immortal. If you can kill him, you can kill all of us Originals. You just continue to surprise us."

Rebekah held her stomach and it felt different there, tingly and alive almost. She looked at Eira in slight worry, but there was nothing to worry about. Eira, without knowing, had given Rebekah what she wanted. It was a very rare chance, but a chance nonetheless. A chance to have children like she wanted.

___________________

Eira had been in the hospital for a couple hours since she had awakened. Stefan had come back, Rebekah left to give Eira and her brothers privacy, and she had yet to see Klaus. She knew he must've been worrying out of his mind for her, but he wasn't there.

Eira looked around the room as if he'd magically appear out of nowhere and then she looked towards her brothers,"Where's Klaus?"

Stefan and Damon looked at each other, having a silent conversation. Stefan sighed and he looked at Eira. He walked over and grabbed her hand, squeezing it in comfort, making her scared.

"He left, Eira. He left town," Stefan stated.

"Wh-What do you mean he left? He wouldn't just leave me," Eira's heart beat picked up and she was starting to freak out.

"Katherine came to check on you. She told Klaus that someone was conspiring against him in New Orleans.... using you and the both of them left immediately. That was yesterday," Stefan explained.

Eira started to get out of the bed, but her brothers kept her from getting up. She looked around frantically and she said,"I want to call him."

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, that's fine," Damon said and he got her phone out of a plastic bag on the table next to them. He handed it to her and she took it, calling Klaus immediately. She called him twice and he didn't answer.

Eira started to panic,"He's not answering. What if something happened to him? What if he's hurt?"

Damon and Stefan both chuckled while Damon spoke,"This is your boyfriend, Eira. He's invincible."

Eira scrambled off the bed and she went to leave the room, but her brothers held her back. She fought against them as they held her arms.

"I need to go see him," Eira said as she struggled.

"If I may," a voice spoke from the doorway.

Eira turned and saw Elijah. His calm demeanor made her calm down. He gave her a small smile and he spoke again,"I'll go and fetch my brother for you myself. It's probably not safe for you in New Orleans. It's better if you stay here."

Eira held a gaze with Elijah and she found herself nodding. She sighed with relief and she said,"Thank you."

Elijah gave her a small smile one last time and then he walked away, breaking their gaze with each other. She turned towards her brothers and she smiled.

"Everything's going to be fine, now," Eira stated. "Can you get me out of this hospital?"

___________________

Her brothers took her out of the hospital and she made them take her to Klaus's mansion. That was where she lived now, that's where she wanted to be. She wanted to wait for Klaus there. Plus, it was her home. Or at least, wherever Klaus resided was her home. He was her home.

Author's Note: I'm starting the Originals in the next chapter. I promised somebody that I would update today so I am.