25

Flashback

    When Katherine Pierce first arrived to Mystic Falls, Eira didn't know anything about the girl so, of course, Eira started off liking her. But, then Eira noticed that Katherine was toying with both of her brothers' feelings and she didn't like that.

    She couldn't stand it.

   So, Eira decided to confront Katherine about it when her brothers weren't around, of course, which was almost never. But, one day Eira caught Katherine without one of brothers prancing about her and Eira took her chance.

     The only thing Katherine knew about Eira was that the Salvatore brothers loved her very much and they were protective over her. She also noticed that Eira was very shy and she always kept her head in a book. So, imagine her surprise that day when Eira with all her determination, walked as angrily as she could without stomping (as it wasn't ladylike) right up to Katherine. To say Katherine was shocked was an understatement.

   Eira had a fiery look in her eyes, but she still had the courtesy to curtsy in greeting which made Katherine intrigued. She had never seen anyone be confrontational like Eira.

   "Miss Katherine," Eira curtsied."I should like to know what your intentions with my brothers are."

   "Do you?" Katherine teased. "Well, I happen to like your brothers. Their very....appealing."

   Eira huffed,"Well, you should know I'm very protective of my brothers. So, whatever your doing with them, just stop."

   Eira's warning made Katherine chuckle. "You have fire. I'll give you that," Katherine stated before saying darkly. "But, no one tells me what to do."

   Katherine walked closer to Eira and grabbed her wrist harshly, then looked in Eira's eyes and compelled her.

   "You'll be more civil towards me," Katherine sneered. "And you won't remember this."

   Eira repeated what she said in montone and after she did, Katherine released her wrist and said,"Good. Now go."

   Eira scurried off and she didn't remember Katherine compelling her or that she even had a conversation with Katherine. In Eira's mind, she wanted to be nicer to Katherine and she didn't hold against her what she was doing to her brothers. It was as if someone told her to be more....civil.

   __________

   It was a couple days, after that and Eira had gotten along nicely with Katherine and Katherine seemed to smirk ever time she did which confused her greatly.

   Eira was sitting outside on a bench, reading a book. There were people milling about today on the Salvatore property because her father was doing some business of his. Then, Katherine stood in front of her and ripped the book out of her hands.

    Eira looked up with wide eyes and reached for the book,"Can I have the book back?"

   "I have watched you sit here and read this book for quite some time and you still haven't noticed," Katherine stated handing the book back to her.

   "Noticed what?" Eira questioned clutching the book to her chest.

   "That boy over there," Katherine looked at him with her eyes.

   Eira followed her eyesight and saw the boy, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary,"What about him?"

   "You really are blind, aren't you?" Katherine sighed. "He won't stop staring at you."